Chapter Nine: Testing and pissed of Avengers by: Clint Barton

Warning: Torture is in this chapter. I know I have no soul.

     Clint groaned and rubbed his neck, then looked around his surroundings. He placed a finger in his ear. Hearing aid still there. "Steve?" Clint called out softly. "Clint!" Steve said and rushed over to him. Steve help Clint into a sitting position, and Clint groaned. "You ok? God my head hurts." Clint complained. "I'm fine. They didn't touch my stomach at all. Clint.. We've been taken by Hydra." Steve said and looked around their cell. It was small, and the room was made of glass. "The hell?" Clint asked to no one and looked around. Steve then yelped and groaned. "Steve! What's wrong?!" Clint asked worried. "I- I'm fine. M- My hips hu- hurt." Steve bit his bottom lip and wrapped his arms around himself. Clint pulled Steve close and rubbed his stomach. "Captain America..." A voice said and they looked up. Red Skull was standing there outside the glass, two scientist at his sides. "Red Skull..." Steve growled and Clint put himself in front of Steve. "Get away you red bastard." Clint glared at the Red Skull, going into protective mode. "This does not concern you Agent of Shield. Guards, get him away from the Captain so we can begin testing." Red Skull ordered. Hydra soldiers walked in, and grabbed Clint. Clint fought his hardest, watching Steve try to help. But Steve was in pain. Steve crumbled to the floor and groaned. "STEVE!!!" Clint yelled as he was dragged away. He was dragged down a hallway, and he heard Steve yelling at someone. The guards threw Clint into a new cell, and they smirked. "You all are sick!" Clint yelled and spat in the one guard's face. The other guard kicked Clint to the ground, and pulled out a knife. "Don't do anything dumb Avenger. It could be fatal." Clint glared at them. He then heard Steve scream. He jumped to his feet and the guards held him back. "STEVE!! STEVE!!!" "Knock it off Archer!" "What are you doing to him?!" Clint yelled and they threw him back at the ground. "Nothing that will harm the creature inside of him. It'll just... Give it a boost." Clint glared hard at them, wishing looks could kill. "You all will pay for this. The others will find us." "No... They might just find one. One and another body."
_______________
     Natasha was pissed. Very pissed. Not as angry looking as her boyfriend, but close. She was going kill ever last one of Hydra. "Okay. Fun a scan Jarvis. We have to find this Hydra base." Tony said as Bruce looked at the cloth. "These heathens shall pay. I shall smite them with Mjolnir." Thor growled. "We all want a go at them. But we have to figure out where these guys took Cap and Barton." Sam said trying to calm the tension. Natasha couldn't care. They have her best friends. Steve was also pregnant and Natasha would not stand by as they do whatever those sick fuckers do. Bucky placed a hand on her shoulder, and she looked at him. "We'll find them. I refuse to let Steve and Barton's kids go through what we did." Bucky said and Natasha sighed. No need to get up tight. "Jarvis's got a location!" Tony yelled catching all their attentions. "Jarvis, send the location to Shield. We're going in!" Tony said and let his suit connect to him. The others followed after him, all knowing one thing. No one from that base was leaving without a beating.
______________
     Clint groaned and rubbed his arms. He was bruised, bloodied, and had some broken bones. A tray off scrap food had been tossed in a little bit ago, but it hurt to move. So Clint made no effort to grab it. The door opened and Clint groaned, opening his good eye. Steve was shoved inside, falling to the floor hitting his back. Steve hissed and whimpered a bit. "S- Steve.." Clint gasped out and shifted onto his shoulder. Steve looked over and gasped, getting onto his feet and running to Clint's side. "Clint! Oh Clint." Steve whispered. He moved Clint onto his back, and Clint hissed at the cold floor. God everything hurt. Steve started checking for all the injuries, and had to keep wiping tears away. "A few broken ribs. Right arm broken.. Left ankle too... Your eye is swollen.. Oh Clint I'm so sorry.." Steve said and ripped off some cloth from his sweat pants. He made a sling for Clint, and wrapped his ankle was well. "I- It's not y- your fault." Clint whispered and placed his good hand on Steve's cheek. Steve placed his soft hand on it. Steve tried to stop his tears. "Damn hormones.." Steve whispered and Clint chuckled a bit before coughing. Steve rubbed his back and Clint soon laid on his back again. "Have you eaten?" Steve asked and Clint shook his head. Steve looked over at the scraps and crawled to them. He brought the cleanest and best looking pieces, and crawled back to Clint's side. "Please try to eat. You need it." Steve said and helped Clint sit up against a wall. "Ste- Steve.. You need it more." Clint said and wiped his mouth of the blood coming from his lip. "I'll be fine Clint. You need your strength." Steve insisted. "St- Steve.. Y- You're pregnant." Clint tried to protest but Steve was stubborn beyond all reason. Clint sighed and let Steve feed him. It should hold him off for a few hours. Steve shifted Clint so Clint was leaning on him. It was more comfortable then the floor and wall. Plus, Steve was warm. "W- What did t- They do t- to you?" Clint asked and Steve shook his head. "I don't know Clint.. T- They injected me with something and I.. I can barely remember after that. Then I woke up to them checking up on me, then they shoved me into here." Steve said and rubbed his head. Clint knew it always frustrated Steve when he couldn't remember anything. "J- Just try to stay r- relaxed. Stress is bad for the little boogers." Clint said and gave Steve the best smile he could. Steve kissed the top of Clint's head and pulled Clint closer. Clint soon drifted off on Steve.
     Clint awoke with a jolt. The doors opened and a guard walked in. He placed a tray down by Steve and walked off. Steve started to split the food and ate the one half. He then grabbed the tray and had Clint sit up. "Time to eat." "No.. That's your's and the kid's food." Clint said weakly and Steve frowned. "Clint you need this." "I- I'll eat half of that.. I want you to have enough." Clint said softly. Steve frowned, obviously not happy, but listened. Once they both finished eating, the Red Skull appeared in the room with his two scientists. "Let's go Captain." "Go to hell!" Steve yelled and placed protective hands over his stomach. Clint looked weakly at Steve, and Steve pushed Clint behind him. "We are not finished with our test Captain." "Like I care! You stay the hell away from us you Red Bastard!" Steve yelled. The Red Skull walked over and slapped Steve across the face. "Didn't your mother ever teach you manners?" Steve glared at the Red Skull and scooted back to the wall and Clint. Red Skull stood straight and snapped his fingers. The guards grabbed Clint, and Steve tried to grab out for him. The Red Skull grabbed Steve's wrists and pinned them behind him. "You can come with us Captain.. Or can watch the archer suffer." Red Skull growled. Clint lifted his head weakly at Steve, who stared at him. Steve looked terrified. "Don't worry babe.." Clint said weakly, and got kicked in the stomach. "Stop! Leave him alone!" Steve struggled, but couldn't break free from the german's grasps. He must be weaker because of being pregnant. Clint coughed up some blood, then threw up. Steve was yelling but Clint couldn't understand anymore. Shit... They broke his hearing aid. They then dropped Clint, and Clint watched as they took Steve away. "Steve.. No.." Clint whispered.
______________
      Natasha looked down at the base, and then jumped out with Bucky. They landed on the ground, and started their way to the front. "Two guards stationed outside." Natasha said into the com, and nodded to Bucky. Natasha pulled out two of her silent guns, and shot them. They both fell and the two assassins rushed forward. "Up there. It's a vent." Natasha whispered. Bucky boosted her up, and she crawled inside. She kicked the grate in, and opened the door for Bucky. "We're in. Come on." Bucky said to his com. The rest of the Avengers and shield agents rushed in. "Don't hesitate to shoot. Kill anyone that's not your own. But leave the Red Skull and his scientist. We're taking them in. Fury's orders." Bucky commanded, and they all rushed off. "HEY!" They all turned and saw Hydra agents, who started shooting. Natasha slipped past the fighting, and into a quiet hallway. She rushed down it, and then heard a soft groan. She walked silently, and approached a cell. She looked inside and saw Clint, laying on the ground in blood. "Clint." She said and opened the door, and rushed in. She lifted his face and his hazy eyes looked at her. "Nat?" He asked hoarsely. Natasha looked at his ear. No wonder he didn't hear her. She tapped into his hand in morse code 'We're here now. Where's Cap?' Clint coughed and struggled to stand. "D- Down I- In their lab. I- It's on t- The right." Clint gasped. Natasha nodded and pulled a spare hearing aid for Clint. After all these years she still remembers to carry one for him. She put it in his ear, and adjusted it for him. "Tony, come to my coordinates, Thor and Bruce, handle the guards, Bucky you follow Tony." Natasha said into her com and helped Clint to his feet, though he leaned on her heavily. Tony and Bucky arrived at the cell. "Bucky take Clint. Tony and I are going to get Cap." "Nat I need to get Steve." Bucky said and lifted Clint up into his arms. "No. James I don't want you to see him if he's hurt. He wouldn't either. Take Clint and go." Natasha ordered. Bucky wanted to protest, but he knew she was right. He nodded and ran off, Clint limp in his arms.
     Tony and Natasha ran off into the lab. Steve was in a glass room, wire scattered across his body. He was screaming in pain. Scientist were writing stuff down. "YOU SICK FUCKERS!" Tony yelled and blasted them. They all scattered, looking for weapons. Natasha pulled out her danger and gun, and fought them. Tony then landed and turned the machine off. Steve panted and groaned, then threw up off the side of the table he was on. Tony broke the glass door and ran over to Steve. "Cap. Cap look at me." "Tony... Everything hurts.." Steve panted and groaned. Tony lifted Steve up, and looked at Natasha. "Get him to Banner. I need some agents down here!" Natasha yelled into her com. Tony blasted off, holding their leader. "Just hang on Cap.. You'll make it out of here." Tony said and Steve could only nod.
     Tony rushed into the medical jet, and rushed Steve onto a table. "Bruce!" Tony yelled and Bruce ran over. "Ugh..." Steve groaned. "Steve!" Bucky said and rushed over to him, taking his hand. "We need to sedate him." Bruce said and grabbed an IV. Tony grabbed Steve's arm and let Bruce prick it, then put the IV in. Steve stopped morning and groaning, and Bruce hooked him up to tons of different things. "It's gonna be ok Steve.. You and Barton are going to be ok." Bucky whispered and brushed back Steve's hair from his sweaty forehead.

Author's Note: THIS WAS ALL FOR THE SAKE OF THE PLOT! I promise! ;-; they're fine I promise. (Pls don't kill me). Now that that's out of the way, thanks for reading and commenting. It means a lot to me. A lot of people don't ship Clint/Steve. Which I think is cute. (Stony holds #1 in my heart though)

ISailEveryShip