Chapter Five: Second Date and Spies by: Steve Rogers

A week past and Steve noticed something about his muscle density. Steve was changing in front of his mirror, when he looked at it. His stomach had a... Small bump. It wasn't noticeable but it was for Steve. He placed a hand on his stomach and looked down at it. This was real. He felt tears in his eyes as he sat on his bed, looking at it. "Steve! Jarvis said that you were crying-" Clint burst inside, and Steve looked up at him with a smile. "What's wrong?" Clint asked and placed a gentle hand on his cheek. Steve took Clint's hand off his cheek, and placed it on his stomach. "This baby is real... See?" Clint got onto his knees, and looked at Steve's stomach. Clint looked speechless, and it made Steve's heart sing. Clint really did care. Then more tears fell. "Steve, sweetheart why are you crying?" "Sorry, hormones. I can't control them." Steve sniffled and hugged Clint. "Hey. Hey let's not cry. How about we have that second date? As celebration." Steve smiled and nodded. "I'd like that. Thank you Clint." "Great. Where would you like to go?" Clint asked him, helping him stand. Steve pulled his shirt over his head, and went through some places through his head. "Coney Island. I went there with Buck when I was young. I'd like to go back there." "Sweet. I'll get some passes. I'll just have to get some cash. And I'm going to get the stuff on the shopping list while I'm out. We'll leave at noon." "Oh! While your out can you pick up some pickles? We're out." Steve called out as Clint left the room. "It's on the list!" Clint called back and the elevator dinged, notifying he left the floor.
Steve smiled and shook his head, and then headed to the elevator. "Jarvis? Is Tony free?" "Yes sir. But I must apologize, he's asleep on the floor of his living room." "It's alright. I'll just make him something to eat." Steve said and walked out onto Tony and Bruce's floor. Tony was laying in the middle of the room, while Bruce was sitting at their kitchen table. "Late night?" Steve asked while getting eggs and bacon from the scientist's fridge. "You could say that. Tony want to stay up and make you something." "Something for me?" Steve asked a bit surprised. He started to fry the bacon and eggs while Bruce started on coffee. "Wanted to make something for your baby. He said you can't have it until you guys find out the gender. He has this whole party planned out in his head. Natasha's handling your baby shower as well." Bruce said and pushed his glasses up from the edge of his nose. "That's very kind of Tony. I came up here to talk to him because I have another date with Clint." "Did I hear Stevieella need help from his iron godfather?" Tony said and walked into the kitchen. Steve glared at Tony and Tony smiled. "I'll take that as a yes. So, you got a date?" "Yes. Clint and I are going to Coney Island. I told you because you asked me too." Steve said and put the bacon and eggs onto a plate, handing they to Tony. "My god you are a saint. I need food. Anyways i'd be happy to help and all." "I was hoping... You could tell me when the right moment to make the first move is.." Steve mumbled and Tony smirked at that. "But of course my dear Steven! The right moment, is when you two make eye contact. When he starts to lean forward, and his eye lids start to close. That's when you kiss him!" Tony said chewing. "Finishing eating before you speak dear." Bruce said and handed him a cup of coffee. "You love me and my loud mouth." Tony teased back and pecked Bruce's lips. Steve cleared his throat and the two love birds broke out of their trance. "I came here for advice Tony, not a show." "The show is always up for a option." Tony smirked and Steve glared at him. "Your loss." "Tony, seriously. I'm not in the mood for this." Steve growled. "Right. Rule number one, never piss pregnant cap off. I'm adding that to my rule book. All joking aside, I think you'll be fine. Call if you need anything." Tony said and left the room with his coffee as boyfriend. Steve groaned and rubbed his forehead, heading into the elevator. He did not want to hear what goes on in Bruce and Tony's sex life.
He arrived on Natasha's floor, hoping for some advice, when he hears talking. Carefully, he sneaks to the wall before the living room. "James-" "Hear me out Natasha.. I- I.... I really like you. And we've been dating for a while. I think we should tell our friends." 'Bucky?' Steve thought and peeked around the corner. Natasha and Bucky were sitting there talking. They were also holding hands. And... Did Bucky say they were dating? Natasha kissed Bucky, then pulled back. "Ok.. Ok but not right away James... I'm nervous." Natasha was nervous about something? Steve went to turn around when he bumped into a side table, knocking a book off of it. He heard the two assassins get il and rush over. They both had knifes in their hands. Steve fell back and landed on his butt. "Ow!" "Steve?" Bucky asked lowering his weapon. Natasha did too, and helped Steve up. "Sorry about eavesdropping..." "So you heard." Natasha mumbled and crossed her arms. "Yeah. And I'm happy for you two. You both need it." Steve said and picked the book up. "Thank you." Natasha said and Bucky smirked. "So Stevie, how's pregnant life?" "Don't get me started." Steve mumbled and rubbed his head again. "You seem stressed." "I am. I'm going on a date with Clint again, so I'm worried about that-" "Wait.. You went on a date with Barton?" Bucky asked and crossed his arms. "Yes-" "Why wasn't I told?" "Why wasn't I told you were dating Natasha?" Steve shot back and Bucky frowned. "Fair point. Continue." "Anyways. I want to kiss him during that date and I'm really worried about that. We almost did the first date, but Tony walked in." Steve said and Natasha tapped her chin. "I say wait for the right moment. You'll feel it. Where you two going?" "Coney Island." Steve said and Bucky smiled. "Hey, I remember when we went there." "And I threw up." "Yeah... Try not to this time." Steve glared at him. "I throw up almost 10 times a day. Why not?" "Just a joke Stevie." Bucky said and pulled Steve into a heart filled hug.
Clint came back before noon, tickets and groceries in his arms. He placed the bags on the counter, and Steve started to unpack them. Clint was humming something Steve didn't know, and he had a little dance to his step. "You seem to be in a good mood." "Just excited about today." Clint said and twirled before leaving the room. Steve rolled his eyes and laughed to himself. Clint was such a goof. Once everything was put away, and Steve throwing up sessions were done. The two headed off to Coney Island.
"I don't think we should do rides." Steve mumbled and looked around. "Not feeling up to it?" "Not really." Steve said. Clint took Steve's hand as they walked on the pier. "How about some games?" "Sounds fun" Steve said as they walked along.

---sidelines---

Tony- I've got them in view
Natasha- Keep them in sight. But don't get spotted. Bucky keep holding my hand
Bucky- Barton's got some nervous touching Steve-
Natasha- Shut up Barns
Thor- This tis fun!
Bruce- This is invading their privacy
Sam- Banner... It's pointless to questions anything at this point.
Natasha- Clint just won Steve a bear, part one of: Getting these dumbasses together complete
Tony- I love when I'm right.
Bruce and Sam- You all are nuts

---Back with Clint and Steve---

Steve looked at the bear and smiled. "This is amazing! Thank you Clint!" Steve said and took the bear carefully, hugging its soft plush. Clint flushed and took Steve's hand again, as they started walking. "Clint? Steve?" The two of them turned around, and were greeted with Annabelle. "Annabelle!" Steve said with a smile. They only spoke with her a bit, but she was very kind. "Crazy seeing you two here. On a date?" "Yes actually." Clint said with a smile. "That's cute. Tyler, get back over here." Annabelle said, and a little boy ran over. He had brown hair like Annabelle, but his eyes were green unlike her brown ones. "This is Tyler. Tyler this is Mr. Steve and Mr. Clint." Annabelle said. Tyler looked up at them and waved. "Nice to meet you." Steve said with a smile, and Clint grinned at the little kid. "Mommy I want a bear like Mr. Steve." Tyler whispered but all the adults heard. "Want me to win you one?" Clint asked and Tyler nodded. Clint motioned for them to follow him, and they went to a dart game. "Back again?" The guy running the game asked. "Yep. This time I'm playing for this kid, Tyler." Clint said and took the darts. He hit the targets every time, winning of course. "Pick whatever you want kid." Clint said and Tyler looked at all the prizes. His eyes settled on a Hawkeye themed teddy bear, and he pointed to it. "I want the Hawkeye one. He's the best Avenger." Tyler said and took the bear, hugging it. "He really is." Clint said with a smug smirk, and Steve rolled his eyes. "Thank you Clint. You made his day." "It wasn't a problem Annabelle. Call us anytime." "I will. Say bye Tyler." They patted ways, as Steve and Clint continued the rest of their day.
That night, Steve and Clint were at the harbor, sitting on the edge. "This was great. Thank you Clint." Steve said and smiled. "I had a great time too." Clint said and leaned on his hands, looking at the sunset

---sidelines---
Tony-They're at the harbor. Just sitting there! Kiss damnit!
Natasha- Be patient Stark!
Bucky- Shut up both of you! They're going to hear us!
Thor- Are we not going to jump out and congratulate them?
Bruce- No Thor. They might get mad at us for spying on them.
Sam- Steve might. He has no control of his hormones.
Tony- Never mention them to his face. He's very moody about them.
Bucky- Hey! Shut up and watch.

---Back with Clint and Steve---

Steve placed a hand on Clint's, and smiled at the sunset. Clint looked over at him. Steve looked back and they made eye contact. Clint leaned forward first, and Steve closed the distance. Clint them took control since Steve had no idea what he was doing. Clint pushes Steve down so he was laying on the dock, and held onto the back off his head. They broke off and stared at each other. Blue eyes to blue eyes. They kissed again. "TIS A CELEBRATION!" They broke off and sat up. "Thor?!" Steve asked as Thor stepped out, Tony and Sam trying to pull him back. "Tony? Wilson?" Clint said and stood up, then helped Steve up. "Tis a day to remember Steven and son of Barton!" "You blew our cover Thor!" Tony yelled. "You were spying on us?!" Steve asked angrily. "Natasha and Barns's idea!" Sam said as Bruce, Natasha, and Bucky walked out. "We wanted to make sure nothing went wrong so you two had your first kiss." Natasha explained and glared at Sam. "I knew this was a bad idea." Bruce mumbled. "Well thanks for ruining it. We're going home." Steve growled and took Clint's hand. The couple stormed off, leaving their friends in the dust. "Pregnant people." Tony and Sam muttered.

Author's Note: Ah the Avengers. What a lovely team. I'm having way to much fun with this book. Also, Ship started a new book! Go read it! (I'm so proud of him!) and I am not getting out of the habit of posting these at 12 in the morning. Whatever... I'm gone go watch Joey Graceffa.

ISailEveryShip