Betrayal

So this is what death felt like.
Clarissa thought as her blood spilled out of her and onto the carpet from France. The fabric drank her blood up greedily and Clarissa felt weak. Her dark curls was soaking wet from the blood and it only made her hair darker. Her pale skin, which had barely any color to it, began to fade even more than it already was. An her eyes. Oh the most beautiful, haunting green eyes around. You could look into them and see a forest full of moss and trees. One look at you and you would feel lost- which was exactly how she felt now. Her wound had been created by a stab to her lower abdomen. It had all happened so quickly- the flash of silver, stab of pain and now the darkness which started to cover it all.
"Mama......." She mumbled feebly. She was just a girl. She didn't want to die this young! Maybe she wasn't meant to live a full life. Maybe it was her destiny to die young and beautiful, stuck forever at the age of 18. Who knew? The only thing that hurt more than death was the betrayal itself. The man whom she loved, whom she thought loved her, he was the one who murdered her. He plunged that knife into her stomach, and he left her there to die. She had found out his plan to ruin her family and began to investigate it. Which is why he decided to kill her- so that no one could stop him and he would get his way. But her family needed to be warned and she couldn't do anything to help them! And by gods, if she survived then she would get her revenge. And it would not be simple. Oh no, anyone who took away her years deserved pain and suffering. Anyone who uses her to get money deserves hell itself. She coughed and took her last breath as her hand fell and hit the floor. She moved no more.

An older man walked into the room with a cruel smile on his face. His brown hair was slicked back into a ponytail and his bushy eyebrows were creating a villainous look upon his tanned face. He was five years older than her and married once before. Mysterious how his first wife died in childbirth- along with the child. After Clarissa had found his family history she asked around about him. Rumors were told of how he killed his first wife and how he went poor. It was then that Clarissa decided to confront him about these but alas she never got that close. He had been spying on her and knew of her plan way before she knew what to do.
"Looks like I win, my dear." He chuckled to himself and placed a fake note by her side. He couldn't be blamed for her death of course. A fake note to say she killed her self. Tragic.
"Lord Archbeth!" A servant called from another room. Quickly the tall man poured fake tears on his face and began to weep. He must have been quite and actor for the servant to believe him. The servant came into the room and gasped when she saw the sight that had unfolded before her. Lord Archbeth stood up and turned to the servant with the note in his hand. He handed it to her to read.
"My lady wife has taken her life." It seemed real enough to convince the servant. More tears came and he looked away and back down at his victim. She took it from him and her eyes quickly scanned the false letter. A tear from her eye splattered onto it and smudged a few letters- it was sorrow that now filled her, for Clarissa and her had been strong with one another when times were harsh and hard.
"Alert everyone. Tell them that Clarissa Mudarli Archebth is dead. She lives no more!" He took out a handkerchief, wiped away the false tears and blew his nose loudly. The servant nodded and rushed out to tell the house.
Lord Archbeth turned to his dead wife and spoke one last time. A dead corpse can't share secrets. His shadow loomed over her body and he chuckled to himself quietly.
"And you shall never live to save your family. I will take them down and I will collect all of your riches and money. No one messes with an Archbeth and lives to tell the tale. You were meddling in business that you had no affair with. You should have just stayed naive and stupid. Maybe then I wouldn't have had to kill you." He tossed the letter aside and walked out. It landed in her blood and some of the words smeared.
My dear family
I cannot do this anymore. I am burdened with shame from lying. I cheated and lied to my husband about my flower. If I am not pure then I am not human. I am sorry to do this to you but I must take my life now. Give James my fortune to start a new life with. I do not want him to be alone forever.
With love
Clarissa

Everything was going exactly to his plan. His plan to claim the family of their wealth and send them to ruins. He knew all to well what it was like to be a powerful house hold and be dirt poor. Ever since he gambled away all of his money, he needed to marry into wealth to reclaim his status of being rich. And this girl- you and naive and stupid, had fallen in love with him. Perfect since her family was rich and they needed to marry off their eldest daughter. He had learned of this family- the Mudarli's and when he introduced himself, it seemed though they did not know of his bankruptcy. It was the perfect plan. And nothing could mess it up now.