Merlin's Shiny Kneecaps

Hope was sure she was going to end up dying before she had a chance to actually board the Hogwarts Express between her Grandmother Molly and Greatpa Lyall who could not for the life of them, stop hugging her as if she was going off to war. Every few seconds she found herself in embrace and while she was flattered that they were going to miss her, she was sure if she was hugged one more time, she was going to lose her mind.

"We had to go through it too, you know.' Stella said as the group was leaving from the Burrow as part of tradition. "She'd hug me, go to Eliza and then back to me...it was a neverending cycle of hugs."

Eliza nodded her head. "I still feel it in my ribs on the occasion." she said rubbing her side.

"And be thankful," Stella added. "At least your dad hasn't cried yet.." She eyed her father who was in earshot of the conversation. Charlie glanced over his shoulder and narrowed his eyes at his daughter.

"For the last time, I didn't cry!"

Hope's Aunt Anora snorted loudly. "Who are you kidding? You balled like a baby!"

"Thank you, DARLING WIFE!"

Anora scrunched up her face with a smile as she looked up at her husband, pinching his cheek. 'You are so welcome."

"We're going to miss the train at this rate." Hope whined throwing her head back. "CAN WE GO NOW!?"

Suddenly, she was hoisted off her feet from behind, only to see a flash of red hair.

"Someone is so impatient today." she heard her father say.

"Well, everyone is taking their sweet time. If we were going any slower, we would be going back in time, Dad." She was poked in her side causing her to giggle.

"We're almost set to leave. Be patient. You only have to wait a little bit longer."

"She did her waiting!" Sirius's voice suddenly alerted them. "11 years of it!"

Hope turned her head to see Nixie whack Sirius hard in the side. "Really? Of all jokes? That's what you decided upon?" she said to him.

The man shrugged. "I thought it was appropriate."

Henry ran over to where Hope still rested over her father's shoulder.

"What are you doing up there?" he asked her.

"Welp, seeing as there's a dragon over there..." Hope said pointed in the direction of her cousin, Stella. "And I'm in distress...I suppose I'm up here in the tallest tower waiting to be rescued.'

Henry grinned up at her. "Fear not, fair maiden, I'll save you."

"Oh my hero." she said flatly as she propped her chin up in her hand as her elbow rested on her father's shoulder.

"Why are you holding the girl up there?" Meri asked as she looked over at Fred when she walked into the Burrow. "The girl is fully capable of standing on her own two legs."

Fred looked around unsure of what to do as he found himself being scolded by the mermaid. He looked over to Eleanor who only lifted her hands up in a small shrug, not in the mood to fight with Meri.

Finally, being set back down on her feet, Hope smoothed out her clothing before turning back to her parents.

"Can we go now?!"

"Not yet!" Everyone in the room told her.

She let out a groan before falling back onto the floor and lying there.