Animagiggles

On the night of a full moon, Hope found herself sitting in one of the windows of the Gryffindor Tower, glancing down at the land. Knowing what occurred every full moon, she couldn't help but feel bad for her grandfather as he went through his monthly transformation. But she was happy to know that he was in the company of her parents, Uncle George and Sirius. Although, she definitely had the want to join her family in the nightly escapades. Her father and Uncle George had told her of some of the adventures that took place in the Forbidden Forest during some of their excursions. Like the time, a unicorn had approached Eleanor in her badger form and licked the top of her head. 

Or the time Uncle George came upon a lady raccoon in the forest and things became awkward. She definitely wanted to join in and share in the funny stories, but becoming an animagus, she wasn't sure she had the patience for that or the attention span.

"What's on your mind?" She felt her foot be kicked gently bringing her to look up. Henry settled across from her in the window seat and followed her gaze.

"I want to be out there tonight.." She told him. 

Henry looked back at her. "Well, we can go out. I mean, it's a full moon, we can always venture out to the lake if you want. Mum says the group is on the other side of the Forbidden Forest tonight, because she needed to get in the water herself."

"No, I meant I want to be with the group. I think it would be incredible to be out there with them roaming the forest."

"Oh..." Henry said.

She glanced over at him. "It would be really cool if we did it too, you know? Became animagi like our parents..well...your parent. "

"Cool but...dealing with a transformation already seems good enough for me. Besides what would I even turn into? Don't you say a blobfish!"

Hope giggled. "Well, I wasn't, but I think it would be adorable if you were a blobfish, although I don't see how that would help in this scenario. Unless we carried you around in a bowl all the time."

"That would be extremely embarrassing, I would jump out of my bowl."

"Speaking of that, you know what I always wondered?"

Henry raised a brow. "No, but you're going to tell me right?"

"I've always wondered if you're dying and let's say you're in your animagus form, will you die in your animal form or as your human form?"

Henry opened his mouth to answer, but stopped as his eyebrows knitted together...tightly.

"I...I don't know." He admitted honestly. "I never really thought about it. I would assume you would go back to your human form. You know, because it requires some concentration to stay in your animagus form, doesn't it? And  if you're dying, I don't think you're so concerned with that. Wait...why are we thinking about this? It's completely morbid, Hope."

"I know, I know, but that's not even the worst thought that's on my mind as of this moment when it comes to animagi."

"What else are you thinking about?"

"Well...I remember hearing about Uncle Ron having Peter Pettigrew hide among the family in his animagus form...and well...how awkward is that?"

"Wh-"

"Scabbers" slept in the same bed as Uncle Ron...that was a man ....a full grown man in bed with Ron..weird isn't it?"

"Hope...you're weird. Weird for bringing that up in general."

"But it's true!"

"Ugh, now the mental images, I'm just picture a full grown man cozying around your uncle's head and sleeping on his pillow."

The two snorted loudly before they broke into giggles.

Henry shook his head and looked back to her. "What do you think you would be?" He asked. "A corgi?"

"Nah, as cool as it would be...I think..I think I would probably be a penguin." She laughed. "Dad said they teased Mum about one before she completed the process and they she was going to be one.  But that would probably fall upon me."

"I think you would be an adorable penguin." Henry said.

"I think so too!" She said jumping up and began waddling around like one. "Fear me, for I am Hope...the Penguin Empress."

"There's that talk that makes you sound like a villain again."

"A penguin villain? I think that exists."

"Really? Sounds...unique, but odd. Very odd."

"That's what makes it so deliciously evil, Henry. No one would expect a penguin to be a villain."

"I worry about you, sometimes."

"You should worry about yourself, " Hope smirked in his direction. "Because if I become a penguin and you become a fish...well as the food chain goes...I'm going to eat you!"

Henry jumped up as Hope launched at him and began chasing him around the common room. However, the boy held his stomach as his laughed as she angrily waddled after him, attempting to make penguin noises. 

"Hope, stop!"

"Never!"