Get Fly Like Me

Hope stood in the Common Room, waiting for Henry to wake up and join her for breakfast in the Great Hall, however, time continued on and Henry was still a no show.

"What is it with merfolk and sleeping in all the time?" Hope huffed folding her arms and walking over to the boy's dorm staircase. "I love you Nixie, but he definitely gets this from you, woman."

She began climbing the stairs when several boys that were coming down for the day, caught sight of the first year girl.

"Hey, you can't come up here!" One of the older boys told her.

"Really?" Hope continued up each step. "How weird? I'm still actually going up. What is this phenomenon? I thought you said I couldn't...but look! I'm still going."

She pushed the boys away from her as she parted through the middle and continued on her way, casually. Eventually, she came upon the room where Henry and Fergus were still asleep in bed. 

"Rise and shine, boys!" She called out loudly. Fergus let out a startled out a cry, rolling out of his bed and onto the floor. However, Henry remained in bed, pulling his covers over his head with a groan.

"No, bad Hope. Bad." He called out to her from under his covers.

"Henry, don't make me get you out of bed. It won't be pretty." Hope threatened him. "Come on, you promised we were going to breakfast this morning."

Henry lifted his blanket and peeked out at her, to see Hope had her hands on her hips, the badger face clear on her face. He grimaced before lowering the blanket back over him.

"You aren't supposed to be in here!" Fergus told Hope. "You're not a boy."

"I'm glad your observation skills are on point this early in the morning, Fergus. But I'm here and I'm not leaving until this one gets out of bed."

"I just want to sleep!" Henry whined.

"And you've been sleeping for hours, now it's time to get up! Come on, we have our first flying lesson today!" She flopped over him on the bed and refused to get up until Henry agreed to get out of bed.

"Hope, no! I want to sleep!"

"You can sleep later but right now, it's time for you to get up and get breakfast with me, and then we get to have our first flying lesson."

Henry let out a frustrated sound before rolling on his back to face Hope as he pulled his covers down. Hope sat on top of him with a triumphant smirk before pouting her lips at him.

"Please?"

"Why are you so excited for the first flying lesson? You've been flying plenty...your whole family plays quidditch practically!"

"That's why I'm excited, it's going to be great!" Hope told him. "Now...less talking, more getting out of bed."

"No, I don't think so. I think I'm going to stay in bed all day!" Henry said with a smile.

"Nooo!" It was Hope's turn to whine. However, as she let her guard down, Henry moved fast and wrapped his blanket around her and pulled her back down to lay down.  She found herself unable to move as she squirmed about, but Henry wrapped his arms around her as tight as he could as he settled back into his pillow.

"Henry!"

"Night, Hope!"

"You know, you didn't have to punch me that hard!" Henry grumbled as he walked alongside of Hope in the corridor on the way to the Great Hall.

"I didn't hit you that hard." Hope said turning to him. "You're just a sensitive Guppy Puppy."

"Am not!"

"Are too."

"No, I'm not!"

"Why are you two arguing so early in the morning?"

The two turned around to see Nixie rubbing at her eyes as she walked towards them with Sirius at her side. "What could you two be arguing about already?"

"I wanted to sleep in, but somebody just had to wake up and go to breakfast..." Henry glared at Hope.

"I feel your pain, son." Nixie said glaring at Sirius.

Sirius and Hope looked at each other, wide eyed as they were stuck in between two rage merpeople.

"Little Lupin Weasley Spawn, follow me." Sirius said ushering her over. "We'll leave these two grumpy beings alone."

"We would be grumpy if we were allowed to sleep." Nixie huffed folding her arms.

"Agreed." Henry said following his mother's actions.

"The amount of sleep you two need in order not to be grumpy would involve centuries of sleep." Hope pointed out.

"Run!" Sirius pushed her forward as he witnessed his wife and son's eyes narrow at them. "Don't look back, just keep running!"

After an awkward and quiet breakfast with Henry, Hope was fully ready for their first flying lesson with Madam Hooch. The woman was a legend, as she had been at the school for quite sometime and had been around the majority of her family teaching them how to fly.

Hope knew how to fly, between her father, uncles and Aunt Ginny, she had been taught well, which is why she looked forward to the lesson. She just wanted to have fun.

Henry looked all sorts of nervous as he stood beside his broom as instructed.

"You look like you're about to be sick." Hope whispered to him.

"I certainly think I'm about to be sick." he whispered back.

"Why?"

"I'm not one for flying." Henry said. "I like the ground...the ground likes me. We have a beautiful relationship."

"Henry-"

"I was made for swimming not flying!"

"Made for whining is more like it." she grumbled.

"What did you say?"

"Nothing!" She smiled brightly at him.

Madam Hooch instructed them to mount their brooms, once they were able to get their brooms off the ground. Henry was the only student that failed to get his off the ground as he stared bitterly at the broom. 

Fergus and Hope had no problem as they were already in the air, waiting for their friend.

"I have a feeling we're going to be waiting up here for awhile." Fergus said looking to Hope.

"Come on, Henry, you can do it!" Hope shouted to the boy on the ground. 

"Um...no..." Henry shook his head. "I...can't."

With a frown, being in the air wasn't so much without Henry, as Hope found herself touching ground again.

"Hey don't worry about me, Hope." Henry told her. "I'll be fine, go back up."

"Nah, I have a better idea."

Madame Hooch walked over in confusion as she watched Hope, Henry and Fergus running about with their brooms on the ground.

"Don't ask, Rolanda. Don't ask."