Dungbombs, Corgis and Blobfish

"I said I was sorry!" Hope whined as she pinned to the train floor by her cousin, Stella. After Hope and Henry had unleashed a dungbomb in the compartment that Stella had found herself in, the dragon of a girl had pursued them with no mercy. Unfortunately, Hope wasn't able to outrun her on the train and found herself tackled to the floor with her cousin threatening to destroy her.

"Sorry is not going to get the smell out of my hair, Hope."

"Pfft as if the dungbomb had anything to do with how your hair naturally smells- OW! OKAY OKAY!" Stella twisted the girl's arm slightly.

"Hey, get off of her!" Henry said before knocking his hip into Stella's shoulder. The girl fell off, freeing Hope and the two took off back towards their original compartment.

Hope rubbed her arm as she glanced out the window of the door.

"She has a lot of anger problems." Hope grumbled.

"Or just a lot of problems in general.' Henry added.

"That too."

"Is your arm okay?" he asked.

"It hurts but I think I'll live. She really needs to learn how to take a joke though."

"Maybe our jokes aren't so funny?" he suggested.

The two glanced at each other before letting out obnoxious snorts.

"As if."

Finally, the train arrived to the castle and Hope was beside herself with excitement as the train ride came to an arrived. As they arrived to the Hogsmeade Station, they were able to see a familiar face that had popped in over the years of growing up. Hagrid greeted the first years, his black beard graying quite a bit but his eyes still vibrant and kind as he looked down at all the students before him.

The first years were directed to get in the boats that would lead them across the Black Lake as it was part of tradition.

"Ah, the Black Lake...named after the greatest." Henry smiled as he climbed into a boat. Hope climbed in with a grin before peering down at the water.

"The merpeople are down there, aren't they?" she asked.

"That's what Mum told me." Henry said glancing over. 'But they don't look like Mum...or Nana for that matter."

"You should go swim down there and say hi!" Hope suggested brightly.

"Maybe we can save that for another day." Henry said. "Maybe we should just get to the castle dry so we can be sorted comfortably."

"Fingers crossed for House of Hope." she said crossing her index and middle fingers. "We have corgis!"

"What about House of Henry?" He said. "What would my mascot be?"

"A blobfish or something." she shrugged.

"How come you get the corgis and I get the blobfish!?"

"Because Corgis rule the world and one day I'll rule the world."

"Or destroy it." Henry added.

"Or destroy it," she nodded. "Either way works for me."

"I could totally see you becoming a villain.'

'Oh yes, I've been working on my evil laugh for quite some time. Want to hear it?"

"Not rea-"

"MUAHAHAHAHA!" She cackled loudly. Other students in their boats looked over in concern for the girl's well being. "Pretty good, huh?"

"Don't you mean...bad?" Henry smirked.

She giggled before looking around. "I wonder why no one else is getting in our boat?"

"No idea."

While Hope was the most impatient out of all the first years, her last name left her at a large disadvantage as they were sorted alphabetically. She would be one of the last to go to be sorted, while Henry would actually be the first with Elliot right behind him. After listening to the Sorting Hat song that seemed to be never ending in the girl's mind, Hope just wanted to run up and pull the hat on her head so she could be done with it. Glancing back and forth between the Hufflepuff and Gryffindor table, and then looking over to where Stella was sitting at the Slytherin table and where Eliza sat at the Ravenclaw table. She could see her Uncle Teddy sitting at the Hufflepuff table. It was all very conflicting for Hope to figure out where she wanted to be sorted.

Stella seemed to be over the train incident as she gave Hope a thumbs up from the Slytherin table, hoping her little cousin would be sorted into her house. She looked back to where her grandfather was sitting among the other professors. She could see him looking back and forth between the Hufflepuff and Gryffindor tables as well, probably wondering the same thing in his head.

As he caught her gaze, he smiled warmly in her direction with an encouraging nod, letting her know that no matter what house she was sorted into that everything was going to be okay.

Hope smiled in return before turning her attention to where Henry walked up to sit on the stool. The hat was placed over his head, causing his whole head to disappear beneath it. Hope giggled quietly to herself as she placed her hand over her mouth.

She didn't even have time to breathe in and out before Henry was sorted by the hat.

"GRYFFINDOR!" the hat shouted.

Before anyone could react, Sirius was the first to jump up in proud father manner. "Woo!" he cheered.

Nixie clapped her hand over her face as the hat was lifted up from Henry's head. The poor boy's face was bright red as he looked in the direction of his parents.

Nixie gave him an apologetic look as she clapped for her son, while Sirius would not stop with his loud cheering until Remus and Nixie silenced him.

"Go Henry!" Hope called out to him, the boy smiled and winked in her direction before taking his place among the

Elliot was up next as he sat on the stool with the hat on. He seemed nervous as the hat spoke with him, Hope could see him shake his head several times in disagreement to whatever the hat was telling him. However, only a minute later the hat had reached it's decision.

"RAVENCLAW!"

Hope clapped her hands for Elliot, but the boy didn't look all that pleased with the decision, knowing his mother was probably going to kill him when she found out. The only time he looked somewhat happy with the decision was when he sat beside Eliza who gave him a hug as she welcomed him into the house.

Student after student went up as all four houses gained new students and finally Hope was up next.

After the boy before her was sorted into Hufflepuff, she was called up. She happily skipped her way to the stool and sat down. The old wrinkly and frumpy hat was placed on her head.

"Another Weasley..." she heard the hat say in what sounded like a groan. "Not a surprise there."

"You forget though, I'm also a Lupin." Hope corrected the hat." Little Lupin Weasley Spawn if you will."