Chapter 6

*Somewhat edited*

Italicized phrases with a * next to it means it's in elvish

I woke slowly, my eyelids opening to the bright sunlight. I felt the relaxing swaying of the horse and the hot sun on my back.

"Mmm," I got more comfortable, readjusting myself on the horse and moved my head slightly on the warm, soft surface, and readied myself to fall back into a peaceful slumber. 

Legolas. I tensed, fully awake and alert now that I realized that I'm sleeping against Legolas. I could feel my cheeks heating up to about the temperature of the sun and I wanted to go hide underneath a rock. Oh gosh. I clenched my teeth from the embarrassment.

Why can't I just disappear?

I sat there, petrified from embarrassment, for what seemed like hours. I barely breathed.

"you can go back to sleep if you want. I was perfectly fine with you resting*," Legolas said in that straightforward way of his.

I stayed silent, still mortified, but nonetheless, I relaxed a bit.

"Are you guys a couple?*" Duvaineth asked from her horse. I closed my eyes, I did not want to speak. Why can't I just disappear?!

I felt Legolas move his head towards Duvie, "no, why do you ask?*"  

You shouldn't have asked that.

"Because both of you act like it*," she said it like it's obvious.

"No, we don't*," Legolas and I said at the same time.

"Whatever you say, but as long as I'm here, no hand holding or kissing*."

I turned my head the other way and groaned. 

•••••••••

I sat staring into the fire, well, staring then relieving my eyes and then staring again. The sun had gone down and the moon had come up accompanied by beautiful white stars. 

Duvaineth had gone off in the woods, either to go relieve herself or to go run off, or maybe for something else entirely. Legolas is sitting up against a tree, sharpening his weapons, with a shadow cast over him from the fire. I was entranced by the portrait laid out before me, the shadow didn't enhance his feature, there is nothing to enhance, but it had some kind of an... awe like... effect.

Before he could notice me staring, I looked away.  I sighed and went over to where all our supplies are in a pile on the ground, giving the horses a rest. I pulled out my journal, ink bottle, and pen and settled down next to the fire again.

I began to pour my thoughts out onto the paper, easily filling up a page.

"What is that?*" Legolas's clear voice pulls me from my writings.

I take a breath, continue writing, and without looking up say, "oh, nothing*."

I could hear Legolas standing up and coming over, "mmh hmm, and I'm a parrot*."

I snorted but didn't stop writing.

"I don't know what this is all about, I'm hoping it will all be made clear but I also—"  Legolas starts reading, I snap my journal shut.

"Hey!*" I say standing up but still smiling, "these are my personal thoughts!*" I take a step towards him.

"Is that all I had to do to get you to tell me what you were doing?*" He laughed and had a gorgeous smile on his beautiful face. Wait, what?