Chapter 33

"The darkness in you curls around your spine as if it is One with you."

The darkness, that evilit is supposed to be gone. It was supposed to have been changed!

"No. No no no." I shook my head, took a staggered step back. His hand fell along with everything I am.

A dazzling smirk crossed his moon-kissed face, the sight was enough to make a balrog flinch.

"Oh, don't worry, love. I'll pull it forth with the force of a thousand wargs. Then it'll have no choice but to show its delightful glory for all to see." That smirk morphed into a full forged grin.

"Oh what fun this will be."

It began with that sickening smile upon his face. And the tickling tendril of his mind reaching mine. I stiffened and hurriedly slapped up stronger shields around my mind. It poked and prodded, testing out for weak spots in my wall. I prayed that he didn't find any.

Don't get in. Don't get in. Don't get i—

His dark tendril lunged forward, and I was forced back. His spear bounced off my mind and it left my head pounding.

Sauron's figure blurred as I used all my willpower into creating an indestructible fortress around my mind. I refuse to let him in my head and do the same thing Saruman did or worse.

The thought of that horrid wizard had me weak in the knees with fear.

I won't let that happen again. It can't happen again. I don't think I would survive another confrontation like that. Not again.

Sweat beaded on my nape with the new-found effort to keep him out. Warmth slid from my nose, I could taste the iron on my lips

His mind clashed with mine like thunderclaps, sending my back several steps. His presence withdrew suddenly like the ocean right before a tsunami.