Chapter 17~

The interviewer asked, "Mr.hussain, forgive a simplistic question. What does A1 International do, exactly?"

Aahil gave his billion-dollar smile, "We are problem solvers. We figure out solutions to the problems that may lie ahead. Initially A1 International began as a laboratory, therefore, people tend to think that we only deal with drugs, but that isn't the case."

The interviewer whose name was Shridar Kumar requested, "Could you please elaborate it for us?"

"We do not concentrate on only one area as people generally think. Over the years, we have extended it to various fields like military, economics, environmental issues, biotechnology etc," He paused for some time and then continued, "We deal with communications, microbiology and national security too. A1 International functions as an independent analyst and critic of long-range global consequences for various governments."

"It makes us very proud that you are an Indian," Shridar Kumar added with a huge smile of satisfaction, "Can you tell us few things about your staff?"

"Eighty per cent of our research staff hold advanced degrees and more than seventy per cent hold Ph.D's," Aahil answered with ease.

"That's so impressive," Shridar Kumar hesitated for a second and then asked, "Didn't I read something about defence and attack weapons experiment you were doing for the sake of the military of our country?"

"Yes, It was one project that I most hoped would work out but unfortunately we had to stop the experiment. It's one of our few major failure's."

"What did the experiment actually deal with?"

"We were trying to expand the technological frontier by applying deep mathematics, inventing new chemistry, processes and materials, and harnessing quantum physics."

"What good would it do to the defence of the country?"

"We were dealing with Unconventional Processing of Signals for Intelligent data exploitation, which is commonly called as (UPSIDE). The experiment seeks to break the status quo of digital processing with methods of video and imaginary analysis. Instead of traditional metal-oxide semiconductors, we dealt with envisions arrays of physics-based devices."

Shridar Kumar gave a look of appreciation, "Are we talking about the project which was started internationally? A few years ago?"

"Yes, you have got it right. As most of us know that the UPSIDE program was launched in 2013 when participants from five corporate labs, thirteen universities and three government labs met to share their approaches and exchange ideas for a highly collaborative effort. A year later our brilliant scientists took a firm resolution to dedicatedly work on it and hand over the success of the defence department of our country."

"We all hope that we see this project becoming a success in the near future," Shridar Kumar replied with a positive smile.

"We hope the same too," Aahil exclaimed.

"Don't you consider it a misfortune that Mr.Ayaan aboobaker isn't here to guide the future projects?"

Aahil studied Shridar Kumar for a moment, "Ayaan aboobaker was not just an employee. He was a brilliant scientist who was about to solve problem's that would make our country proud, but it isn't inhuman power to fight destiny and I humbly believe that Almighty's plans are better than our's."

A lump developed in my throat and I tried my best to swallow it. I brought my lashes down like a dark veil over my emotions.

Aahil asked the interviewer to stop the filming and they knew better than to argue with him. He strode silently and knelt beside me gently squeezing my hand as he requested me to accompany him.