Chapter 46

Salaam readers,

I have waited forever for this chapter to be republished. It contains one of the most wonderful discoveries.

Please leave behind tons of comments :) I'm so excited!

I tested my handcuffs. They were tight and firm around my wrist. I could lift my arm four or six inches, but that was it.

Rizwan was lucky that my hands were fastened, or else I would have gained immense pleasure in slapping him.

"You know what, Rizwan?"

"Tell me," He invited, as he pulled an empty chair and moulded himself into it.

"I pity you."

His smile widened, "I'm honoured to receive your pity, but may I know the reason, princess."

"In spite of being so wealthy, you have to stoop to such low levels. I don't think even your body respects your soul."

I watched him grinning. "My, my, you could make a saint, but unfortunately the devil inside me loves doing things that are morally degrading."

"You are a monster."

"Of course, I am, and until now people have only seen a glimpse of it, but after I get hold of the research papers the world is going to witness such disaster that they are going to beg the devil to let them live."

"You will never ever succeed."

"Time will say and don't worry about your little one, as I'm not planning on killing you. I wish to see you and your handsome hubby rot in the slum," He seethed, as he regarded me with narrowed eyes.

"We aren't afraid of poverty, Rizwan. Allah is sufficient for people who have faith."

He plunged forward, grabbing my cheeks with his rough hands. "You better stop your nonsense."

"What happened, Rizwan? Doesn't the monster inside you possess the ability to listen to the truth? You are going to lose everything, Rizwan. Before you die you will witness failure."

He slapped me hard and blood began oozing from my mouth. I winced in pain as I turned to face Lissa, who was seeing everywhere but me. I grinned in spite of the immense pain.

He pulled my hair roughly and then kicked the chair making it stumble, "Lissa, make sure that I never see her again or else I'll take immense pleasure in sucking the life out of her."

My head hit the ground and I pressed my sleeve on my temple to stop the extreme pain that reverberated through my skull.

He walked out, after throwing one last glance at me, it was filled with extreme venom, but I met his gaze unflinching.

Lissa was staring at me now, a puzzled expression on her face. "Have you lost your mind? What in the world possessed you to argue with him?"

"What does it matter to you?" I asked nonchalantly.

"I don't care, but you would definitely blame yourself if your little one gets hurt because of your foolishness." She said in a matter-of-fact tone.

I groaned, "You're right, I was so angry that I forgot for a minute about the baby."

Safa entered the room looking like a cat who was contemplating a large, rich bowl of cream, as she studied me. She was grinning from ear to ear, "It is not wise for a woman to forget when she is carrying a child," She smiled cynically and went on, "Calm and care at all times are most advisable. When I saw you through the peered door, I was so afraid that you would hurt the baby when you fell," She kept a sympathetic face, giving a perfect illusion of concern.