Chapter 31

I'm overwhelmed as always with the increasing views and votes. Alhamdulillah :)

I was busy lurking in the hallways of Ambassador managed profiles. All of them seemed to be full of contests and interesting stuff, that I momentarily forgot Aahil and Aleena. Sincere apologies to my readers.

I love reading all your fascinating comments.

I woke up to the welcoming sound of fajr again that was echoing from the mosque located just beside the house. I shut my eyes tighter, trying to move deeper into the duvet. An obstacle seemed to plunge me back from my slumber. The heaviness was immovable and I groaned in annoyance.

Opening my eyes, gifted me the flood of events from the previous night, making me turn scarlet. I realised the weight was nothing other than Aahil's leg spread across me. Somehow, I did not wish to have a conversation about our development, therefore, I slowly escaped his hold and slipped from the bed.

One look at his sleeping form and I bent down involuntarily to kiss him one last time before I rushed to the bathroom. I was thankful for the twenty-four-hour hot water facility as the winter was in full blast by now. Whenever I touched cold water from the washbasin, I had to grit my teeth to stop myself from shivering.

When I stepped out of the bathroom, Aahil was awake and waiting for his turn to perform ghusl.

He gave me a lopsided grin that said it all, leavening me reddened to the roots of my hair. I avoided looking at him further and got myself engaged in spreading the prayer mat.

After we both finished our prayers returned to bed, I found myself captivated in his warm embrace. He caressed my hands, 'Darling."

Burying myself into his warmth, I looked up to assess the emotion in his eyes and felt relieved to find them warm and welcoming, "Last night was wonderful, it was the best night of my life."

I only returned a smile and closed my eyes, "Hey sweetheart," He laced our fingers together.

"I'm sleepy," I reasoned, hoping he would stop referring to the incident.

"Ok. Sleep," He said with a quick kiss on my forehead and added, "You don't have to be ashamed of what we shared. You made me the happiest man on the planet," He said pulling me to the hard wall of his chest.

I grinned in spite of the reserve I was imposing upon myself and we slept content in each other's embrace until the soft rays of the sun illuminated the room and it glowed lemon yellow.

I woke up and walked towards the balcony watching the early morning sun. This morning's sunrise was a breathtaking display of radiant colours. Bright streaks of red, pink, and orange slowly overcame the dark blue and purple of the twilight sky. The sky resembled a prism; all the colours blended perfectly into each other. The sun itself was just peeking out of the horizon, and its brilliant rays already shined brightly and began to warm the air. I marvelled at the glistening reflection of the sun on the pool below and a thrilling feeling of awe swept over me.

Careful not to wake Aahil from his sound sleep, I tiptoed to my closet and changed to modest purple coloured salwar having white embroidery in the neckline and rolled a white hijab over my head. As I descended down the steps, I spotted zareen and habeeba sitting around the table, waiting for breakfast. Habeeba waved and zareen turned around to give me a small smile.

I entered the kitchen to find mom and Ms femmy preparing breakfast. "Sorry, I slept late. Can I help with the cooking?"

Mom turned around, with a huge smile, "Oh dear you needn't be sorry. I know the stress you went through in the past weeks. My boy is lucky to have you Alhamdulillah."