Prologue

In Halloween Town, where all ghouls, ghosts, monsters roam with pride, a family was having a picnic. Jack and Sally Skellington, and their daughter Scarlet. Scarlet was playing with Zero while the two had a conversation. "Jack do you really think she has that ability?" Sally asked with concern. "Of course I do Sally, it'll happen. Why, she'll probably just pop out of no where with her head off." Jack said with a smile. Suddenly a head plopped right on Jack's hand. Scarlet looked at Jack with a big smile, "Look daddy my head came off!" Jack looked at Sally with a smile, Sally face palmed softly, "Oh dear." Jack and Scarlet laughed while Jack grabbed Scarlet's body and reattached her head, "Alright Scarlet, go and play with Zero, and don't go too far alright?" "Yes daddy." Scarlet said and rushed over to Zero. Jack chuckled lightly and looked to Sally, "See, following her father's footsteps." Sally shook her head with a smile, "Oh Jack, I don't think I can handle another you." "You love me for my personality, I know it." Jack said leaning a bit back with his arms behind his head. Scarlet was running after Zero before he stopped wifi a happy bark. Scarlet patted his head, "Good doggie, we should play hide and seek I'll hide and you find me okay?" Zero nodded and looked away. Scarlet giggled and ran away from Zero. Scarlet looked around for a place to hide as the world around her slowly became silent. She saw a huge grave and smiled. Scarlet hid behind the tombstone, "He'll never find me here." The air was still, the leaves brushed passed with the cold wind. Scarlet soon became weary and looked around. Suddenly, the sound of a deep voice groaning in agony came to view. Scarlet froze, and she slowly turned to look what was behind her. With Jack and Sally, the two laughed to whatever they talked about before the sound of Zero barking with worry and panic. The two shot their heads to him. Jack rushed  to Zero, "Woah Zero woah, what happened, where's Scarlet?" The sound of Scarlet's scream answered Jack's question. "Scarlet!" Sally screamed with worry. Jack rushed to where he heard the scream. Little footsteps rushed to Jack and Scarlet tackled him in a hug. "Scarlet?! What happened?! Are you alright?! Did you see anything?!" Jack asked. Scarlet was shaking, but all she did...was look up to Jack...with a smile on her face.