Chapter 8

For Scarlet's birthday, Jack let Scarlet decide which neighbor hood they would scare around. Scarlet picked one neighborhood, it seemed pretty normal, a couple of trick or treaters, some teenagers, and adults. "So, who do you want to scare first?" Jack asked. Scarlet looked around before she pointed to a group of kids. "Perfect, come on let's go." Jack said. Jack and Scarlet hid behind a few bushes. The children were talking about what didn't scare them. "Ghosts aren't real, that's why I ain't afraid of them." One said. "Vampires sucking blood? That's hard to believe." Another said. "Skeletons are just bones, what's so scary about them?" Another child asked. Scarlet raised an eyebrow, thinking that the children had no idea how real monsters were. Jack motioned Scarlet and the two exited from the bushes in front of the children. The children jumped. Scarlet and Jack gave a small wave before they took their heads off. The children screamed and ran off. Scarlet smiled big and clapped to herself. Jack laughed and patted Scarlet's back, "That was perfect Scarlet! You did well for your first time." Scarlet nodded. Jack looked around before he looked at Scarlet, "Now Scarlet, I'm going to let you go and scare on your own so I can check on everyone monster, you think you can do it without your old skeleton?" Scarlet nodded with rolled eyes as if saying, "I can handle this." Jack nodded and gave Scarlet a quick hug before saying, "I'm proud of you Scarlet, you go and have fun, and if you feel the need to go, just go to the sleigh and wait for me." Scarlet nodded as Jack disappeared into a few trees. From afar she could hear others scream. Chuckling to herself Scarlet began to look for more people to scare. Seeing how some didn't catch her interest. Scarlet decided to do on top of a few houses to get a better look. Scarlet looked around, hoping to find teenagers, she learned they were harder to scare, and she wanted a challenge. Scarlet tried to look harder, but she couldn't find any. About to walk away, her ears caught someone laughing. "I'm telling you guys, the graveyard is haunted, it's full of dead bodies how could it not?" Said a male's voice. "That doesn't mean anything, no one's ever had proof." Said a female's voice. Scarlet jumped onto another house and looked down. She saw a group of three teenagers, two guys and one girl. Scarlet smiled to herself, 'Seems like my lucky day.' And just as it couldn't get any better, the girl and one of the guys left. Scarlet watched as the only teen walked away. Scarlet followed him closely. The boy seemed to be sensing she was near. He kept looking around, feeling as though someone was following him, watching him closely. Scarlet was doing that. Soon the boy had enough and he turned behind him, "Alright show yourself, I'm tired of playing your game here!" Scarlet silent giggled to herself before she jumped to a house. Making sure he was still looking behind, Scarlet jumped in front of him. The boy shook his head and turned to her. Scarlet removed her mask and gave a demonic hiss, making her face look more like Jack's. The boy yelped and fell back. Scarlet's shoulders shook as she pointed at the teen boy, as if she was laughing. "Hey what was that for?" The boy asked with a frown. Scarlet looked at the boy closely before her eyes widened a bit. The boy had dark brown shady hair and dark green eyes. The boy dressed like a ragged doll, his hood and skinny jeans covered with stitches and different pattern. His face looked stitched up as well. Scarlet blushed deeply. Oh yes, she has defiantly found someone in her interests.