Blue Lion

We stood near the mountains as Hunk scanned the area with the device he had built.

I shifted my duffle bag that had my box of mechanic tools and my blacksmith tools in it on my shoulders as I looked around.

It was an odd place. It was normal to the eye but I could feel the energy that was surging through the rocks and knew otherwise.

"You sure you don't want me to carry that Soph?" Keith asked.

"Last time I let you do that you almost fell over and then you complained about shoulder and back pain for a week. No!" I replied.

"Okay, I admit it. This is super freaky." Lance said.

I couldn't tell if he was being sarcastic or not so I rolled my eyes and peered over Hunk's shoulder at the device he had built.

"I'm getting a reading." He announced.

He walked in front of Pidge, who was carrying the rest of the device in his backpack, before practically dragging him along.

As we walked the electronic beeping continued. Hunk and Pidge then ran ahead towards one of the caves as the beeping intensified.

"Whoa." Hunk said as the rest of us ran up to them.

We all just stood there and stared at it for a minute.

It was really awkward and made me laugh.

"What are we waiting for? Christmas? Let's go!" I grinned before I jumped down and slid down to the entrance of the cave.

"Whoa." Hunk said again as they followed me into the cave.

"What are these?" Shiro asked.

"These are the lion carvings we were telling you about. They're everywhere around here." Keith replied as we walked deeper in.

"Hmm. Whoa." Lance said as the two of us walked over to one of the walls and he brushed the dust off of one of the carving.

After his hand left the wall the carvings all started to glow.

"Whoa!" He exclaimed as he jumped back and pulled me with him.

"What did you do!?" I gasped as my back met Shiro's.

"What?" Hunk asked.

"They've never done that before." Keith commented.

I gasped again as the floor then also started to glow.

The floor opened up beneath us and we all screamed as we dropped down into a waterfall.

Shiro and Keith fell by them selves while Pidge ended up on Hunk's shoulders, his fists full of Hunk's hair.

I clung to Lance for dear life, and I do mean clung. My arms were wrapped around his chest and neck with my hands gripping his hair while my legs were wrapped around his waist.

He held on to me just as tight.

This was so going to come back to bite me in the ass later.

Needless to say, we were all screaming our heads off the whole way down.

We got spat out into a shallow pool of water one right after another. Lance shielding me against him as we soared through the air and hit the ground.

"They are everywhere." Lance gasped as he looked up.

The rest of us looked up and gasped as well.

Before us was a giant robotic blue lion.

"Is this it? Is this the Voltron?" Pidge asked.