"Team Building" Exercises

Coran, Mani, and Sophie stood in the observation deck while the paladins waited below them in the training room for instructions.

"During the last attack, your survival instincts forced you to work as a team, but that will only get you so far. You'll have to become a real team to have any chance of forming Voltron and then beating Zarkon next time," Coran announced over the loudspeaker.

Sophie took the mic from him to clarify for her confused friends, "Okay, listen up, guys. From what I've read, the paladin code demands you put your team members' safety above your own. A swarm of drones is about to attack."

"Huh?"

"It's up to each of you to do everything you can to protect the other members of your team," Mani added.

Arusian drones appeared around them. Keith and Pidge formed shields from their armor in response.

"Wait, wait, wait. What's going on- Whoa!" Hunk exclaimed as he own shield formed.

"Did you guys get one of these?" Hunk questioned as Shiro and Lance followed the others' lead.

"Get ready," Shiro warned the others.

The Arusian drones fired lasers at them. Hunk dodged and Pidge in turn was struck before he dropped into a hole that opened underfoot.

"Protect your teammates or no one will be there to protect you!" Coran yelled.

Hunk was struck and dropped into the floor leading Shiro, Keith, and Lance to huddle back-to-back to defend themselves.

Sophie watched on emotionlessly, "Increase the intensity."

Coran adjusted the controls and the drone fire became rapid.

"You keeping up over there, Keith?" Lance asked.

"Just concentrate on keeping me safe," Keith responded.

Lance scoffed, "Me? I own this drill. You're the one who needs to concentrate."

The drones fired at their heads. Shiro and Keith dodged, but Lance was too distracted and merely lifts his foot to avoid being shot. Keith was shot instead and disappeared into the floor. Lance then attempted to defend Shiro but ended up shot himself leaving Shiro alone to also get shot.

Coran and Mani facepalmed while Sophie scowled at the horrible performance.

They continued on to the next test: an invisible maze.

Lance stood alone inside the maze.

"To form Voltron, you must trust in each other. This ancient Paladin maze will teach you that trust. Your teammate can see the walls, but you cannot. So, listen carefully. If you touch the walls, you'll get a slight shock," Coran explained.

"Wait. Who's guiding me through?" Lance questioned.

"Take two steps forward," Keith spoke through Lance's helmet using a microphone in the observation deck.

"Oh, no. Not Keith. Why does he get to be the man on the mic?" Lance demanded.

"Shut up, Lance. You'll get your turn," Sophie snapped.

"Like I said, take two steps forward, turn right, and take three steps that direction," Keith repeated after making sure his sister was calm again.

Lance proceeded to only turn right and hit a wall which shocked him.

"You did that on purpose!"

"You're not listening."

Lance started to argue, "You said, 'Turn right.'"