Anybody Home?

I've decided that Altea will remain Arus like it was in the original series. Mostly because it's easier to spell Arus and Arusians instead of Altea and Alteans but also because it's what I've known the planet as for a long time.

Once inside the castle I couldn't help but stare at the beauty of the castle.

"Hello?" Hunk called out his voice echoing.

No one answered.

"From the size of the lion, I expected these steps to be bigger." Pidge commented as we headed down a small set of steps.

"Well perhaps it's a people castle not a lion castle." I replied sarcastically as we stepped off the stairs.

A bright light suddenly appeared from the floor and started to scan us.

We gasped and I stepped back in surprise as I grabbed the nearest hand to me and prayed it was Keith.

"Hold for identity scan." A computer ordered.

"What?" Pidge questioned.

"Why are we here? What do you want with us?" Shiro asked.

The scanning stopped but the computer didn't reply. Well not with words, torches start to light, leading the way down one of the halls.

"Whoa!" Lance breathed.

"Whoa. I guess we're going that way." Pidge said before we all started walking down the lit hallway.

A ways down the hall Hunk called out, "Hello?"

His voice echoed but there was no answer so we kept walking.

The lights led us down a staircase and once again Hunk called out, "Hello?"

Still no answer.

We ended up at a set of doors that slid open to reveal some sort of control room.

"Hello?" Hunk called out as we walked in.

"Where are we?" Lance asked.

"It's some kind of control room." Pidge replied before he gasped.

Two pods things were rising from the floor. One had a female inside and the other a male.

"Are these guys dead?" Hunk asked.

The first pod unsealed to reveal the female who appeared to be sleeping.

She gasped as she suddenly woke up.

"Father!" She exclaimed as she reached forward only to fall forward out of the pod.

Lance caught her and I stepped towards them incase he did something stupid.

Silly that I'm worried for her more so than Lance but it's true.

"Hello." Lance said as she looked up at him.

"Who are you? Where am I?" She asked looking around.

"I'm Lance. And you're right here in my arms." Lance replied.

"Your ears." She said as she stared at them.

"Yeah?" He asked.

"They're hideous. What's wrong with them?" She responded.

"Nothing's wrong with them! They heard exactly what you said about them!" Lance exclaimed before he screamed.

The girl had grabbed Lance's ear before she proceeded to easily take him down.

"Who are you? Where is King Alfor? What are you doing in my castle?" She demanded.

"A giant blue lion brought us here. That's all we know." Lance replied quickly.

"How do you have the Blue Lion? What happened to its paladin? What are you all doing here? Unless -How long has it been?" She questioned trailing off as she let Lance go.

"We don't know what you're talking about. Why don't you tell us who you are? Maybe we can help." Shiro told her.

"I am Princess Allura of Planet Arus. I've got to find out where we are and how long we've been asleep." She replied as she walks up to the computer Pidge and Hunk were standing by.

"Okay, that's how that works." Pidge commented as she turned it on and started typing.

The other pod then unsealed and a man jumped out.

At the sight of us he gasped and screamed, "Enemy combatants!" Before grunting and groaning.

He tried to attack Lance but Lance moved and the guy almost fell on his face. The guy screamed before standing upright.

"Quiznak! You're lucky I have a case of the old "sleep chamber knees." Otherwise, I'd grab your head like this, wrap you up like so- One, two, three- Sleepy time!" He said demonstrating what he was talking about.

"Well, before you did that, I'd-" Lance started.

I groaned and rolled my eyes before I walked over to Allura.

"You are the only female with them. Why is that?" She asked as she continued to type.

"Well Keith, that one, is my brother so I didn't really get an option on whether or not to come. I'm Sophie by the way." I explained, pointing out which one Keith.

"It's nice to meet you Sophie." Allura smiled before the computer beeped.

"It can't be." She gasped.

"What is it?" The other guy asked.

"We've been asleep for 10,000 years. Planet Arus and all of the planets in our solar system have been destroyed. Coran, Father is gone. Our entire civilization- Zarkon." Allura replied growling out the name Zarkon.

"Zarkon?" Shiro gasped.

"He was the King of the Galra. A vile creature and enemy to all free people." Allura explained.

"I remember now I was his prisoner." Shiro said as he looked up at Allura.

"He's still alive? Impossible!"

"I can't explain it, but it's true. He's searching for a super weapon called Voltron." Shiro told her.

"He's searching for it because he knows it's the only thing that can defeat him, and that's exactly why we must find it before he does." Allura responded.

"Why do I feel like that's some sort of ominous death threat to the entire universe?" I questioned.

"Because it is Sophie." Keith replied as he came to stand beside me.

I looked up at him and the fear in his eyes mirrored my own as I reached over and held his hand.