Chapter 1

Frisk's POV

It was the last day, of my first year, of Middle School before going on Spring Break. I was so happy to be going on break, as each school day ever since 3rd Grade was hell. I would get bullied for being so short, and not having any friends. I was also a single child that was adopted by abusive parents.

As I got home, I knocked on the door. My 'mother' pulled me inside by my hair as if I had done something wrong. She just gave me a dirty look before she let me go. I wanted to cry, but held it in. My 'father' was nowhere to be seen. He's probably out drinking somewhere. I ran into my room, and just let it out. I looked through my drawers until I found it- my blade.

[Skip To Next Bold If You Don't Wanna Read This Part]

I wiped some tears off my face and rolled up my left sleeve.
There was already a few scars, but I didn't care at this point.
I began dragging the cold blade against my skin.
The blood started coming.
It was the only way to get rid of my pain.
One.. Two.... Three.
Three new cuts.
It was the only way, I thought.
I felt so numb. But I didn't mind.
It was now normal. Sadly.

[Okay, You Can Read Again]

I heard a faint knock at my door. I quickly stood up and hid my blade. I rolled down my sleeve and jumped into my bed pretending to be asleep. My 'father' came in. He didn't care whether or not I was sleeping. He yelled at me to go eat dinner. He was obviously drunk as hell. We both walked out of my room, but I still kept a distance. I walked into the dining room and sat down at the table. I grabbed a piece of steak and put it on my plate next to my mashed potatoes. I glanced at the clock- 6:45 PM. I ate and put my dirty plate in the sink. I went into my room.

I had an idea. It was a crazy idea, but it might just get me out of the hell I was living in. I would run away tonight. Up to the top of Mount Ebott, where no one ever returned. I had it all planned out. I grabbed my backpack, threw a few clothes in there, my blade, and my phone. I would just wait till everyone was asleep. Then I would book it.