Chapter 6

~End of year/graduation~
<<Dan's POV>>
I woke up before my alarm did, for school, so I got dressed and went downstairs and made breakfast. Danny has been acting weird lately. I thought to myself as I cooked, I need to find out what's wrong. I finished making breakfast, and heard a door open an close from upstairs, and footsteps coming down the stairs. "Hey Danny." I said as he sat down at the table. He was dressed in jeans and a sweatshirt. "It's the beginning of summer."
"Yeah?" He answered in a small voice, "so?"
"So, why do have a sweatshirt on?" He looked down at it and looked back up, shrugging.
"I don't know. It's comfy.....I guess." He answered, mumbling the last party to himself. I sighed and motioned the plate of food to him, but he shook his head no. I sighed, more in anger instead of disappointment, like I usually did. "I know!" Danny yelled, making me jump a little.
"What?"
"You need to eat. Are you okay? Are you sure? What's going on with you?" Danny said mimicking me, "I know! I'm fine, I'm sure, it's nothing!"
"What's---"
"Don't. Even. Say it. Don't even!"
"What's wrong with seeing if you're okay? What wrong with worrying?" I tried to calm myself, but at this point, I really couldn't. "What's wrong with making sure you aren't cutting or hurting yourself again?! Cause I want to help! I can tell you starve yourself. It's not that hard to miss. I fell like your hurting yourself, because you're wearing a sweatshirt, in 90 some degree heat!" I heard Danny's phone go off. He took it out of his pocket, look at it and put it back.
"Time to leave for school." He said, got up and went out the door, leaving me in the kitchen. Oh god. I thought to myself, rubbing my temples. I fucked up. I put the food in the fridge, obviously to late to eat it now, grabbed my back and left the house. I saw Danny was already at the front door of the school, probably ran or something.
I got to the school, put my things in my locker and walked to class. I took my seat, and saw Danny writing something down on a piece of paper. I shrugged it off and pulled my thing out for the class. The teacher came in and started teaching. About half way through the class, I realized it was the end of the year. For some, it my not be that big a deal, but for here, this is the only time that the students can't get untroubled for fights or ruining school material. And I know for a fact, Dash will take this to his advantage. I knew I'd get untroubled if I told Danny right now in class, so I waited until the last ten minutes. I know, wait at the last second things are bad, but the last ten minutes we can talk.
(Last ten minutes) Everyone was talking amongst each other, so I turned and looked to Danny. He was still writing on a piece of paper, three more under that. He finished and out the papers together and in his backpack. "Danny I need to talk to you."
"No." He said sourly.
"Danny it's important." He said and rolled his eyes, but turned and looked at me, letting me to continue. "It's obviously the end of the year, but that's the one time anyone can do anything. Like fights and destroying school items and all that."
"So?"
"Dash is still pissed at you. He doesn't let things go, and there's a chance he'll come after you today." The bell rang and he stood.
"Then let him come." With that, he left the room. I got up and ran after him. As much as he was getting under my nerves at the moment, I needed to keep him safe. I saw him stop at his locker so I walked over and stopped too. "What?" He growled.
"You can't be serious. About Dash coming for you."
"And why not? You know you don't have to protect me, right?"
"I know, but I care about you and don't want to see you hurt." He slammed his locker shut and started walking to his next class. I groaned, but walked with him.
"I don't need you to protect me."
"You're right I don't but---"
"Dan," he stopped in the hall and face me, "I'm gonna say this once, and only once. Let. Me. Be. Let me do what I want. If Dash wants to come do, what the hell ever it my be, let him."
"You know what, fine. I'm do trying to explain this, and if he does go after you, I won't be there." I said, finally giving up.
"Good. That's what I want you to do. Now, I'm going to leave, so I'm not late." He said and walked off. We are going to eat our words so badly. I thought to myself and walked off to my class.

~Last class(gym)~
<<Danny's POV>>
I got changed and waited in the gym. "Hey Fenturd." I heard Dash say behind me and walk in front of me.
"Hey Baxterd, oops I'm mean Baxter." I grin, and he glares at me. He grabs the neck of my shirt and pulled to his face,
"you, me, after school," he said and let me go.
"Ooh sounds fun." He throws a swing, but I duck in time.
After gym, I change and wait out front for Dash. I knew this was a bad idea, but at the moment, I didn't care. I crossed my arms over my chest and waited. Then I felt a harsh tug from the back of my collar, throwing me back words.