Chapter 8

Beep...beep...beep...
I woke up and went to turn my alarm off, but hit a hard wall instead. I pulled my hand back and cursed under my breath. I looked around, seeing I was in the hospital. I think for a second, then remembered what happened the previous day. I look over to where Danny was, he looked fine. I grabbed my chair, from the corner of the room, and moved it next to him. "Hey Danny." I said quietly, but getting no answer. Maybe he's just sleeping.
Beep.....beep.....beep.....
I look up at the monitor, looks okay. I just wanted to make sure it was. I look back to him and lay my head down on the bed for, waiting to see when he'd wake up. After waiting for a bit, I started to drift asleep.
Beep.......beep...beeeeep.........
I looked up to it, seeing it flat line. I ran out the room, once again, to grab somebody. This time, however, I stayed out of the way and went into the hallway.
I wait for what felt like hours, but was merely minutes. A doctor came into the hall, I stood up and walked over to him. "I'm very sorry. He---"
"Let me see him." I interrupted.
"Of course, but only five minutes." I nodded and walked into the room. I sat next to him and grabbed him hand and held back the tears. I started apologizing for everything. Not being there, fighting with him, leaving him, not helping enough, not being good enough. I rambled on for a bit, then stopped. Sitting in silence. Wishing and hoping this was all a bad dream. That I was just asleep in math class and waiting for the bell to wake me. Instead, the doctor came in and told me I had to leave. I looked at him once more, and kissed his forehead and left the room to go back home.
I got home and remembered I had to do. I had to call his sister Jazz, and his parents, telling them what happened. I needed to do it soon too. I'll do it sometime this week. I looked at my phone, seeing to what day it was. Monday. Over the summer the high school football team had practice Monday, Wednesday and Friday. I groan and send a message to all the players, saying we had practice and to go to the high school, but I accidently missed someone.
~Time Skip~
Once at the school, with everyone there, we started. About halfway through, I saw someone running down over to me. None other than Dash. I told everyone to do what they wished for a bit and talked with Dash.
"Sorry I'm late." He said and went to do laps, like he usually did when late, but I grabbed his shirt and pulled him back. "What?"
"You and I, are gonna have a nice, long talk."
"What about?"
"Friday," I said, hitting his chest, making him fall on his back. I knew I hit his padding so he wont hurt, to much.
"What about Fri--- oh. Your boyfriend?" He said jumping up, only for me to push him back down. "So what? He deserved what he got."
"Oh really? It was his first year, he didn't nothing wrong! He did nothing to you! You physical hurt him! The worst he did to you was call you a name!" I yelled, I knew everyone was watching us. Dash stood up, but I didn't push him back down. "You're done. Off the team." His jaw dropped and looked at me in disbelief.
"Why? Cause I, 'laid a finger on him'," he quoted, "it's not fair."
"No, Dash. That's not why you're off. It's cause you killed him." I heard some gasps, growls, no's an more coming quietly from behind me. He looked speechless for about a second.
"You're lying. He's not dead. I beat him that badly. There is no way."
"He had international bleeding, went into a coma, two broke ribs and a fractured wrist," I said, counting on my fingers in his face. "Dash! You're lucky I'm not having you locked up, god knows where!" He went to say something back, I cut him off, "go change out of your uniform and return it." He growled and mumbled something as he walked off. I didn't care to what he said, just as long as he's gone.
Once practice was, he showed up and have me the uniform and walked off again.

I know. Bad chapter, I'm sorry. I was running out of ideas.