Chapter two

Sitting up on the surprisingly warm bed, I realized this wasn't my house. Jumping up, I catched myself as the room started to spin. Trying to ignore it, I continued to walk to the open door.Just a few steps away I fell. Well almost. Almost immediately as I started to fall, hands wrapped around my waist and kept me up.

"Camdon, you aren't supposed to be walking around. You had a nasty spill to the head." Danger said.

"This isn't my house. Where are we?" I asked ignoring his statement.

"My house. I need to know why these vampires were after you. What makes you, a human, so damn special." He answered.

I looked around as he basically supported me. Then what he said actually connected. He wasn't human, probably far from it. What attacked me was out for my blood. And he was too. Not that it really bothered me for some reason.

"How are we going to do that?" I asked

"Well when you can actually stand by yourself and take more than just a few steps at a time. We're going to see my brother." He replied

I nodded as my stomach growled. I blushed looking down. He laughed at me and moved so I was in his arms. Carrying me back to the bed I was in when I woke up.

"Let's get some food." Danger stated like we were going to take a walk to the park.

"Earlier you said you needed to know why vampires were after me. You said it like you weren't one." I told him

"You're observant. I said it that way because I'm not. I'm more like you but them at the same time. I'm your everyday hybrid. Half human and half vampire." He explained

"You don't drink blood? Do you sleep? Do you eat actual food?" I listed my questions, trying to keep my heart rate down so if he could hear it, he wouldn't know I was scared.

"I do drink blood, just not everyday. I don't sleep like you do, only about four hours. I only eat of I need to. I don't have powers or sparkle in the sun. My eyes are stuck in this color but not shade." He answered in the order I had listed them.

"Danger, how did you get your name?" I whispered not sure if it was a sore subject.

He growled slightly and I jumped, forgetting about the hearing my heart thing I came up with. Forgetting about my head injury. I hopped out of bed and ran for the door. Opening it, I slid down the railing on the stairs. But as soon as my hand touched the handle to the front door, I was swiped to the couch.

"Do you not know how many vampires are out for your blood right now, woman! Going out there will be suicide." Danger yelled at me.

I was breathing heavy as I tried to focus on anything but my headache. My stomach growled again, wq like he was fighting himself.

"Danger are you okay?" I called staying where I was.

"Calm your breathing! Walk slowly to the kitchen, get a water bottle out the side of the fridge. Then sit down on the couch and roll it to me." He instructed ignoring my question.

I tried to slow my breathing, but I couldn't catch my breath as I watched him attach himself to the wall like I was poison. I got up sorta fast and his head snapped up. Okay, slowly. He was making me nervous with the stare he was giving me. Walking as slow as possible I made my way to the kitchen. Once I was away from his sight. I rushed to open the fridge and grab a steel water bottle. Almost running back to the couch, I remembered to walk slowly, like I was told.

Peeking out from the kitchen, I saw Danger sitting on the floor. Walking out with some confidence, I sat on the couch and rolled the bottle to Danger. Danger attacked the bottle and I watched as he sunk his fangs into the side. My heart rate picked up as I pictured my neck where the bottle was. Shivering slightly as I realized Danger was thirsty and I could have been his lunch.

When Danger was no longer thirsty, he discarded the bottle and got off the floor.

"I'll get you some food, then we'll leave." He said

"A sandwich will be fine." I said

He nodded and disappeared around the corner. I looked at the door again, and decided against it. Running a hand through my hair, I got as many knots out as I could before I twisted it into a loose but tight bun. It was tight enough where it would actually stay. A couple seconds later, I had a sandwich in my lap and Danger sitting beside me. I jumped just a bit but grabbed the sandwich and started eating it.

"Here's some rules. More like reminders but whatever. One: Stay on alert, two:no one is who they say they are, three: don't trust anyone except for who you actually know, four: someone asks for blood tell them no immediately." He explained

I nodded after each rule and finished up my sandwich. Now I have some questions, and I bet he's expecting them.

"Explain more about yourself. I'm curious." I stated. Not really a question but whatever.

"Later, right now we need to leave. The earlier we leave the safer you'll be." He told me.

I accepted the answer for now, but I have a feeling he'll keep blowing off that particular question for as long as possible. Getting up, he opened the door and led me out. I have a feeling this isn't going to be a walk in the park.