Chapter three

Danger:

We walked to my jeep and I strapped her into the passenger seat. Before closing the door and jogging to my side. She gave me this questioning glance before looking through the windshield. As I shut my door, her heart rate increased. She was scared, but who wouldn't be. She got forced into my world as soon as I made the choice to rescue her.

Starting the car, I tried not to focus on the scent of her blood, intoxicating the entire car. Stopping my breathing altogether I started driving. It was going to take a few hours to reach the beach. Then we would have to take a boat to the island. An island where vampires roamed free.

My brother Lunic is keeping an eye on the kingdom as I try to escape the world. He's a vampire, a full one. He's a royal, like I am. Only bad thing is that he was forced to go vegan, while I was forced to leave. Being together on an island full of vampires, when you have a heart beat and blood running through your veins is not a good mix.

"Danger, your face is turning purple!" Camden yelled.

I took a massive breath, and almost wanted to attack. What is she doing to me! My thirst was never this bad, even when I was born. I was always in control of my vampire side, but with her I'm not. I want to drain every ounce of blood from her body.

Leaning over slightly, I put my face by her neck and breathed in. Her heart slowed down and It took everything in me not to sink my teeth in her. She wanted to know more about me, she was going to learn soon.

"I got my name when I lived with my brother. It was originally Dangerous. I've been a danger to my mother when she birthed me, when they figured out what I was and what I could do. I was also they're chance. To lure in innocent people so they could feast." I explained just enough. That was all she was going to get from my past for now.

"What about your habits?" She said suddenly intrigued.

I leaned away from her and sped up, the beach only about three hours from here.

"Since I'm half and half, my habits, as you so kindly put it, are in the middle. I drink blood twice a week to live. I'm super fast and have super strength. Sleep comes for three-four hours. I mimic powers. I have a heart beat. Slower than yours and quieter but it's there. On the new moon, I have to lock myself in a missile proof room of else I'll murder thirty percent of the world in the two days it's up." I said

She was quiet and so was I. It was like that for about ten minutes, so I glanced at her. She was curled up in her seat sleeping. Pure innocence leaking from her.

Parking the jeep in my usual parking spot. I got out the jeep and jogged to the other side, unbuckling Camden pretty fast.

Why? Because I know the vampires are tracking her scent, mine as well, they're probably on their way or already here.

Helping her down I grabbed her arm, and led her to the boat. My boat. Halfway there a bunch of people pop out of nowhere. Dammit! Should have seen this coming.

From the crowd, Genice makes her way to the front. This crazy no good mate of an asshole.

"What are you doing here, Genice?" I asked already shoving Camden behind me.

"Stopping you, of course. Brandon sent me here to retrieve a lost possession of his. You seemed to have claimed it." Genice babbles.

I quickly glanced at Camden, to see she had made her way to my side, holding on to me quite hard.

"You know her?" I asked

"My dreams. I've only seen her in my dreams. I never knew she was real." She whispered.

She seems to have forgotten they have better hearing than her kind. Genice laughed at her answer stepping forward.