Chapter eight

Instead I closed my eyes, and imagined my life from here on out. It's obvious nothing will return to normal. I could never return home if I had a bunch of vampires out for my blood. So I would have to live with two vampire goofballs. At least they look around my age. Keyword: look.

"Camden, it's time to go." Chance said.

I got out my seat and the three of us, hurried off. It was obvious I didn't know where we were going, but Chance looked as lost as I did at this point. Wow, he really is making the sentence of him not living up to his monopoly piece, truer than I guess he would expect. So the two of us looked right at Danger, who in return, shook his head at us.

"Did either of you pay attention when we were receiving directions?" He asked.

Chance and I looked at each other before looking at Danger, and answered his question in sync. "No, not really."

"Of course not. We need a cab to Magic Mansion now." He told us.

We all looked around until I spotted a cab, parked on the side of the road. Right across the street from us. "There." I said pointing at it.

"Sweet, let's go." Chance said.

The three of us walked over to it and I, tired of being useless, tapped on the window. The cab driver rolled down the window, and looked at the three of us expectantly.

"Hi, can you drive us to Magic Mansion from here?" I asked, turning my charm on high.

"Depends on what you can do for me?" He said winking at me.

I guess my emotions turned to revolted because Danger pulled me back and stuck his head in my spot.

"She will not be doing anything for you. Drive us and maybe I'll decide to keep my blade to myself." Danger snarled adding emphasis on the word doing.

"Alright,hop in." The cabbie told the three of us.

Chance got in first, then me, and Danger was last. This will be the last time I try to use my charm to get a free ride. Honestly, this guy gave me the creeps.

The cab driver. Drove really fast. Weaving through traffic until we reached a street? Okay, these people have some weird street names. Royal Road, Magic Mansion? What's next Green Giant?

Just as Danger was reaching in his back pocket, the cab driver quickly stopped him. "No, no. It'll be free for you three."

"Thanks." I told him quickly as we all climbed out quickly. As soon as Chance was out, the driver sped off. Leaving as quickly as he dropped us off.

"Well, I guess people still remember the legendary blade." Chance said laughing a little.

"What are you talking about?" I asked as Danger again placed me on Chance's back.

"When my blade was first created, I killed anybody and everybody that tried to kill me for my blood. The blade became a legend when it got lost. Now that I have it back, people don't want me to go back to my old ways." Danger explained quickly.

"Close your eyes, buttercup." Chance told me.

Again, I followed his request and closed my eyes just in time for them to take off. Now this run was a bit longer than the other one, but it was okay because I got a little nap in.