Chapter nine

Chance:

Little snores, which tickled my ears a little bit, came Camden letting me know that she was asleep. I moved her just a tiny bit which made her turn her head away from my ear. We were almost there, it would just take about another twelve minutes.

Since I didn't want to start a conversation with Danger, because we would totally forget about the task at hand. So I ran, humming to some old song that has been stuck in my head for a couple years.

"Bro, what are you humming?" Danger asked me, making me stop my humming.

"Old McDonald's." I answered completely serious.

"Isn't that song for little kids? What do they call them? The screaming ones, that can't talk yet or walk? And that always need to be fed from a bottle?" He said struggling for the word.

"Now look at the one who looks old? They're called babies, idiot." I corrected him.

"Yes, that's the word. Isn't that song for babies?" He asked rhetorically.

I answered anyway, "I like it, so it does not matter."

"Sure." He dragged out the word.

"How much longer?" I asked impatiently.

"Five minutes. Can you run for that long or are you getting too old for this?" Danger asked smirking.

"I can hold on, it's just getting repetitive at looking at the dirty ground." I told him.

"That's because we're outside, idiot." He said looking back at me.

I shouldn't even warn him about the tree he's going to hit. I honestly think he deserves it. Might knock some sense into that peanut sized brain of his. I watched patiently as he hit the tree hard enough for it to fall down, which is probably where all the trees went. Idiot people knocking them all over, like wrecking balls. It's no wonder trees are going extinct. Of course I laughed at him, running faster. Effectively I woke up sleeping beauty.

"Whatever you do, don't open your eyes. We're still running." I told her immediately.

"Too late, I have a headache now. How much longer?" She asked me.

"About three minutes. Try to focus on something else." I suggested.

"Like what? The wind going through my hair? Sitting on your back? The cramp in my neck? If you haven't noticed, there's nothing but dead trees, and dirt?" She listed to me.

"How did you sleep?" I asked her, completely ignoring my previous statement.

"Fine, I guess. Thank you for asking." She told me softly yawning just a bit.

"You're welcome." I said as I stopped, noticing we were there.

"What took you guys so long?" Danger asked walking over to where I was standing and helping a half asleep Camden off my back, even though I was crouching.

She held on to the both of us as we started walking to the castle. We took it slower than usual because Camden was waking up slowly. Or rather taking her time. When we reached the castle doors, we were all immediately handcuffed and facing where we just came from. Effectively, waking Camden completely up.

"What do we have here?" A voice that sounded all too familiar to me asked.

"We didn't come here for you Lunic. Where's dad?" Danger asked.

"In the study, but he has retired. So you do have to face me." Lunic answered smirking.

"Yeah, I doubt that. Danger has his ways." I told him.

"Dad, I'm home! And Lunic is being an ass!" Danger screamed at the top of his lungs.

"No fair, you can't do that! I call the shots!" Lunic screamed stomping his foot.

"You don't call the shots when it comes to Danger and his friends. Uncuff them." Danger's dad, Bernard, ordered.

Immediately all of our wrists were uncuffed and the three of us turned to face the old king. "Hello dad." Danger greets.

"Dangerous, Chance, and who is this?" He asks.

"Moment, her name is Moment." I lie casually.

No one rejects the idea as we all walk pass him. When we were inside, I followed his scent to the study with Danger and Camden right behind me. Once we were in there, it was locked with the bolts, and for better measure the two chairs that were in there.

"Why did you say my name is Moment?" Camden asked me

"Well you aren't like us, they can't have your real name. Names have power and hold identities." I explained

"Oh well, if you guys don't mind, but I'm going to finish my nap now." Camden told us finding a good spot on the carpet.

"Okay, we'll be in the library, which is this door here." Danger points out.

She absentmindedly nodded and closed her eyes, I hope her headache does get better. It is my fault she woke up and got one because of my laughing.