Chapter ten

Camden:

I did get about thirty minutes of sleep until some strange wind came coming in. Quickly, I got up. Remembering where I was, that could've been any vampire. Knowing the rule, I quickly slowed my heartbeat.

"So you have a heartbeat. Too fast to be like Danger, a hybrid. So that leaves human. And if the heartbeat wasn't enough than that bite mark on your neck is. Vampires don't bite other vampires." Someone said from across the room.

Dammit, I've been caught. Where's Danger and Chance? Can't they hear what's going on? I looked at the doors, subconsciously, trying to decided which one to yell in.

"Is your name even Moment?" They continued to ask, giving me enough recognition to remember who this is.

"How did you get in here Lunatic?" I asked fiercely, showing that I wasn't scared of him.

"Wrong, that's not my name. But you happen to be correct, Lunic is a lunatic. Can't believe I'm related to that one." They muttered.

Eff it, I'm just going to run through the closed one. Hopefully, Lunatic over here thought I was stupid enough to run through the open door. Quickly I ran to the closed door and held on to it. The guy was obviously shocked as he didn't try to stop me until I twisted the doorknob then he sprung into action.

He grabbed my wrist, and pulled. Thankfully it just opened the door, and I clung to it. Then when he loosened, I got out his grip and ran down the hallway, screaming some lyrics to a random song. All of it included my fake name, Moment. "This is my moment! This is my perfect moment with you! This is what God meant, this is my perfect moment with you!"

Next thing I knew was I crashed into someone but they protectively grabbed me and took something from their back that glowed in the little light. A blade.

"What the hell are you doing here, Brandon." Danger asked.

"Going to tell father that you brought a human in here. Have fun with this one Danger because you aren't getting out of this one that easy." the guy, Brandon, told him.

I guess that was enough to set him off because next thing you know Brandon was getting stabbed in the stomach. And was sent running. He put his sword up and grabbed my arm, leading me to the library.

"Chance, we have to go. They know about her." Danger said, grabbing three books.

"Lunic or Brandon?" Chance questioned closing his books.

"Brandon. I don't know why he thinks my life is easy. He's been set to "ruin" it ever since I was born." He answered

"What's going to happen?" I asked butting into their conversation that I didn't entirely understand.

"If we stay any longer, we'll be collected. Thrown into a hearing, which is like vampire court, and if they deem us guilty they will kill you. Even if it does go well." Chance explained.

Did I mention I'm a magnet for bad luck?

Danger put me on Chance's back as he grabbed an old backpack and loaded it up with the books they collected, and threw it on his own back, holding his blade in his hands.

"Straight for the boat, full speed, no stopping, if you make it there before me go without me." Danger ordered, then he shot off. Giving us no matter to argue.

"Close your eyes, take a nap, it'll be a long ride." Chance told me before zooming off.