Chapter 8.

Beth's POV

They kicked Murphy down the hill as Clarke was yelling to stop them. I didn't know what to do. I stayed with Octavia and Jasper along with Monty.

We watched as everything happened, not knowing what else to do.

After people yelling and Bellamy kicking down the box where Murphy's feet laid. Murphy now hung up in a noose with gags in his mouth. I look at the whole scene wide eyed. As Bellamy yells at Clarke and Finn rushing over yelling to get Murphy down.

Then a small voice to my left yells. "Murphy didn't kill wells." Everyone looks at the little girl who is no younger than 12. "I did!" Everyone, and I mean everyone, looks at the young girl wide eyed.

Bellamy, Clarke, Finn and Charlotte went to Bellamy's tent. Murphy was yelling at them to bring her out. "I'm gonna go to the dropship with Monty." I say to them. The two nod and I walk away.

"Hey Mont." I say to him when I see him working on contacting the Ark, on the second level.

"Hey Beth." He replies continuing his work.

"Any luck?" I ask him.

"None so far." He replies. I nod and sit down.

A few hours later Finn, Bellamy Clarke and four others came back. With out Charlotte or Murphy. Charlotte jumped off a cliff while they banned Murphy.

So now Finn, Jasper, Monty, Clarke, Octavia and I were in the drop ship. Monty found a way for us to contact the Ark.

"Will we be able to talk to them?" Jasper asks.

"No. More like Morse code." Monty replies then looks at his best friend. "You want to do the honors??" He asks Jasper, he takes the wire. "That port right there." He connects it to the port then after a second I feel a sharp pain in my wrist. 

"What the hell?" I ask grabbing my wrist a the light goes out on the bracelet Monty was using to contact the Ark. 

"What happened?" Jasper asks.

 Monty: It didn't work. I think we fried all the wristbands." Monty says and Finn and I share a look of sadness and anger. He storms out, Clarke following. Jasper goes and sits by the wall. Octavia follows, sitting in front of him.

"Sit there at your own risk. I think I might be cursed." Jasper says.

"Hey, then were both cursed." I say to him with a smirk.

"Then call me a risk taker. And Jasper, you're not cursed." She looks at me. "Neither of you are."

"I'm unlucky then." He says.

"No. Brave." Octavia says.

"Brave? For getting my face bashed in or for ruining any chance to contact The Ark?" Jasper asks.

"No, for standing up to a bully and trying to help everyone." Octavia says. Oh right, he got punched by Murphy.

"Yeah. And failing. Both times." Jasper says.

"I didn't see anyone else step up. Did you? And I don't care how things turned out. You were brave to try. And bravery is always rewarded." Octavia says and kisses him. I smirk and high five Monty. Octavia gets up and smiles at Monty and I before going downstairs. Monty gives Jasper a thumbs up.

I laugh and look down at my wrist, suddenly remembering about the Ark. We have no way to contact them. And they all think we're all dead. My dad thinks I'm dead.

-

Marcus Kane walks down the hall, towards the control room after arresting Abby. He walks in and looks up at the board. His facial expression changes. All of the kids boxes were darkened and said Transmit Terminated. All of them. He looks at Beth's box.