Chapter 21.

(WE ARE GROUNDR'S PART 1) ONE MORE CHAPTER LEFT!

Beth's POV

It was night and I was talking with Raven and helping her with the mines.

"Come on. These foxholes aren't gonna build themselves." Bellamy says to the group. "Better hope those landmines work." He says to Raven and I."All the gunpowder we're wasting, we could be making more grenades."

"You want to come over here and test one?" I as him.

"Cute. I need this entire section mined by morning." He says. "Then you finish the south field." He tells us.

I look over at him and grab his arm as he starts to walk away. "Hey..." I say. "I told you, we're going after Finn, Clarke, and Monty in the morning."

"And I told you, nobody leaves this camp." He says to me. He goes to walk away as I glare at him.

"I'm talking to you." I say then continue. "We can't just abandon our people."

"You want to lead them, show them you give a damn." I say angrily to him. A gunshot suddenly goes off.

"Whoa! What the hell was that?" I hear someone yell. We quickly go back to the gates.

"Hey..." Some kid says to Bellamy when he goes up towards him.

"What the hell is the matter with you?" Bellamy asks him.

"I'm sorry, man. I fell asleep." The kid, who's name I think is Sterling, says to Bellamy. "I've been on watch all day."

"We've all been on watch all day!" Bellamy yells. I flitch at his tone. "That bullet was one less dead grounder."

"Bell, you're scaring people." O says to him.

"They should be scared!" Bellamy yells. "The bomb on the bridge bought us some time to prepare, but that time is up!" He says looking a little scared. "The grounders are out there right now, waiting for us to leave and picking us off one by one when we do!" He says. "Clarke, Finn, and Monty are gone, probably dead, and if you want to be next, I can't stop you, but no guns are leaving this camp!" He says to all of us. "This camp is the only thing keeping us alive!" He says looking around. After a minute he says, well yells. "Get back to work!"

Later on it was day now and O and I were working on the foxholes, when some kid runs up. "Murphy has Jasper locked in the dropship." He says.

My eyes widen. I look at O, who has the same expression I do. "Let's go." I say and we run out of the foxhole. We go over to the dropship, seeing Bellamy.

"We just heard Murphy has Jasper." I say to him.

"Yeah. South foxhole all done?" He asks us. I look at him confused.

"What?" I ask.

"Bellamy, my friend's in there with a killer." Octavia says to him.

"O., look around. No one's working." Bellamy says. "If the grounders attack us right now, we're all dead."

"Murphy!" O yells. "Murphy, if you even touch Jasper, I swear to God, you're dead."

"Octavia, I got this." Bellamy says.

"Really?" I ask him.

"Because it doesn't look like you're doing anything about it." O says.

"Bellamy, you were right." Raven says walking up.

"There's a loose panel on the back. If I can pop it, we can get in through the floor." She says.

"Good. Do it." Bellamy says.