Chapter 20.

Beth's POV

Octavia and I were in the smokehouse hanging up meats.

"Let's get this party smoking." Del says putting more wood into th fire. I roll my eyes at him.

"You don't want the fire too big. So maybe just try to knock it down with some wet leaves." I tell thee boy.

"You get that from your boyfriend, Grounder pounder?" I glare at the younger boy.

"She's right. A hot fire is not gonna preserve the meat as well." Murphy says.

"You can't take the heat, get out of the smokehouse. Should be kissing our asses for being allowed back in this camp."

"Your not the one who makes the rules Del so shut the fuck up." I say to him.

"Just keep working. Your brother couldn't get you and Beth a better job?" Murphy asks. "Would think anything would be better than working in the meat furnace."

"Oh, probably. That just means someone else would have to do it." Octavia replies.

Soon after the fire started to spread from the actual fire. "Go!" I yell to Octavia and Murphy. He pulls her out with me following them. Finn rushes over and pulls me away from the smokehouse. I was coughing like crazy.

"Hey, you okay?" He asks me. "You okay?" He asks again as I don't answer.

I shake my head. "Yeah, yeah. I'm okay."

"This is all your fault!" I hear Murphy yell. I look over and see him nearing Del. "We told you it was too much wood."

"Get the hell away from me." Del pushes him Bellamy rushes over getting in the middle.

"Hey! Hey! Hey, stop! Save it for the Grounders."

"Bell, now what the hell are we gonna do?" Octavia asks him. "That was all the food." She says. I sigh and lean my head on Finns shoulder.

I was in the dropship, listening to Bellamy talking to the people going out hunting. I wasn't, I was gonna help Raven and Jasper with the bullets.

"Each group takes someone with a gun, and they're for killing Grounders, not food. We don't have the ammo. Use the spears for hunting. Get what you can. Be back by nightfall. No one stays out after dark." Bellamy tells them.

I walk over to Finn. "Be careful." I say to him. He nods and gives me a small hug. "I'll watch over Rave." He nods again. I nod back and he walks over to Myles and Clarke. I watch as the three leave the dropship.

Right now I was sitting in my tent. I was thinking about my dad and Lincoln. I lost them both and it was my fault. I should have never let Lincoln go by himself and I should have talked to my dad when I had the chance. And now that chance is over.

I sigh and leave my tent and go to the dropship. I see Monty in there near the radio. I smile at Raven, who walked in behind me.

"I found some good antenna wire for the radios. This guy was using it to fix his bed." Raven says. I let out a small laugh and shake my head. Of course someone used it to fix a bed. "You find anything else from the Exodus ship wreckage?" Raven asks him.

"Yeah, data log. Want to hear something weird?" I give Monty a weird look. He turns on the radio, I then hear radio static that sounds like interference.

"Sounds like interference." Raven says.

"Wait. It gets weirder. When the signal hit, their nav. system went nuts. They never got it back, and then boom. It's like something was jamming the signal." Monty says.

"That is weird." I say.

"It also makes no sense whatsoever." Raven says.

"No." Monty says.

"Pull the drive-in speakers." I look at her confused.

"You want to strip it? We'll never find out where they crashed." Monty says.

"We need every component we can get our hands on if we're gonna make walkies and I need the radio." She says to him.

"No way. How are we supposed to contact the Ark?" Monty asks her.

"The Ark is not there. You're listening to a hole in the sky." She says.

"My family is up there." Monty tells her.

"I'm sorry." She says and pulls the wires. She walks out of the dropship. I look at Monty with a sad look.

Later on Monty and I were talking when Raven comes up with walkies.

"You finished the walkies." Monty says to her.

"Hey I'm sorry about before, really, and about your family." She says to him.

"Thanks." He says.

"So all the hunters are back except Clarke and Finn." Monty says.

"Ok." She replies.

"Wait." I say remembering when they left. "Raven, they were with another kid Myles. They all left camp together." I say to her.

"All 3 of them are still out there?" She asks.

"Yeah. We're going to look for them. Bring the walkies." Bellamy says. I nod.

Octavia, Raven and I were searching together with Bellamy not to far and Monty.

"Where are they?" She asks.

"We'll find them." I try and reassure her, but a part of me is scare for them as well.

"I thought you said you were heading west. Where are you?" Monty says from his spot on the radio.

"Just keep the moon on your left, and you'll find us." Bellamy says through the radio to Monty. 

"This morning, all I could think about was how much easier this would all be if Finn was just Gone." Raven says.

"You didn't wish this into being, Raven." I say to her. "Stop torturing yourself." I tell her.

"Is anyone else hearing this signal?" Monty asks through the radio. "Just keep your eyes open. I think it's the same thing we heard in the black box." He tells us.

"Damn it, Monty, pay attention. Do you see anything?" Bellamy asks through his radio. "Report."

I hear someone in the bushes ahead of us. "Uh There's someone in the bushes." I say through the walkie. I take a step closer and see Myles with arrows in him. "Myles?"

"Uh Myles, what happened? Where are they? Clarke and Finn, where are they?" Bellamy asks when he rushes up to us.

"Grounders took them." He says. 

"Take it easy." I say to him.

"We have to get him back to camp." Bellamy says.

"Bell, what about Clarke and Finn?"

"Beth, Raven, I'm sorry." He says to us. I look away from him as Raven says.

"We need to make a stretcher."

"Monty, we're heading home. You copy?" Bellamy asks him through the radio. He doesn't reply "Monty, can you hear me? Monty.

"Monty, where the hell are you?" I ask him through my radio. Still no answer.

"Report. Monty." Bellamy says. He doesn't. My heart sinks. We just lost another person.

"Damn it!" I yell. I run a hand through my hair, looking around. Monty, he was one of my best friends and we may have just lost him.

So this chapter is done. And I officially have two more episodes to do until season 2. And I am very excited. But also sad. Season 2 is gonna be a very hard season for Beth (along w/ s3). There will be more Lincoln soon. But what did you guys think of this chapter? And the only reason I ask you guys to comment is because I like to know what you guys think. It gives me motivation. So please comment. Thanks for reading. Bye.

-Kelly.