Chapter 15.

Beth's POV

It was Unity Day, also known as the day the 13- I mean 12- space stations of the Ark formed together. It's also, to me, just an excuse for everyone to get drunk. Not that minded that part. Right now some of us were watching a video from up on the Ark.

"My friends, this is a historic Unity Day. Every year, we mark the moment our ancestors of the twelve stations joined to form the Ark, but this is the last time we do so while aboard her. Next year, on the ground." Jaha says.

"Right. After we did all the work." Miller says, I nod agreeing. "Someone shut him up." Miller says.

"You shut up, Miller. No one's forcing you to watch." My best friend Raven says.

"She's got a point there." I say. She nods at me with a smile.

"For ninety-seven years, we have eked out an existence, hoping that someday our descendants would return to Earth." Jaha says. I roll my eyes. 

Jasper comes running out of his and Monty's tent with a bottle of something. "Whoo! Yeah! Monty strikes again! Hey! Call this batch Unity Juice! Who's thirsty?" People starts piling around him wanting some moon shine. "Monty! There you go."

"Hey. Save me some." Monty tells him.

"Happy Unity Day. Pass it around." Jasper says. 

"To our sons and daughters on Earth listening to this message, we will see you soon. The first Exodus ship will launch in under sixty hours, carrying you the reinforcements that you need, so stay strong. Help is on the way." Jaha says. I sigh and walk away from the screen not wanting to watch anymore.

-

On The Ark.

No One's POV

"Hello, Abby." Diana says walking up to the former councilwomen and still doctor.

"Diana." Abby replies.

"We have seen the true soul of our people." Jaha says continuing his speech.

"I hope there are no hard feelings about me taking the Council seat." Diana says.

"No hard feelings about anything at all today." Abby says.

"That's right. You'll be able to see your daughter soon." Diana says.

"But enough from me. You are all here for the pageant anyway, right?" Jaha asks ending his speech.

"He's cutting his remarks short." Diana mutters.

"What's that?" Abby asks.

"Oh, nothing. I helped him with his speech. He's leaving the best part out." She replies and walks away.

"Without further ado, I present the story of us." Jaha says introducing the pageant.

"They tell me you'll be on the first Exodus ship." Vera, Kane's mother and Beth's grandmother, says to her son.

"Yes. I'm overseeing security on the ground." He replies.

"Will you take the tree down for me?" She asks her son.

"Mom, I have a job to do." Kane says to her.

"Well, at least come to the departure ceremony. You could give the traveler's blessing. Think of it as a good-bye gift for your mother." Vera says to him.

"I don't remember it." He lies. "Excuse me."

Watching the pageant, a little girl starts to speak as other kids come out holding flags. "Long ago when the Earth was on fire, through space all alone." She says and then continues. "Then one day, Mir floated by Shenzhen, and they realized life would be better together. The other stations saw this, and they wanted to be together, too. When all the stations were formed, they called themselves-" The little girl gets cut off by a bomb going off. There are people screaming now along with a loud high-pitched alarm. "Daddy?" The little girl asks as Abby was leaning over her, checking on her.

"I'll go and find your daddy." She tells the girl ad then sees Jaha. "Jaha, are you okay?' There was screaming. "Get him to medical now!" She looks at Kane. "Kane! Find out who did this."

Kane sees his mother. "Mom, mom, mom." he says and sobs. She had something sticking out of her stomach and blood on her head.

"We need triage supplies now!" Abby yells.

"Doctor Griffin, we need your help over here." A guard says.

Kane looks at his mother. And recites the traveler's blessing. "In peace, may you leave the shore. In love, may you find the next. Safe passage on your travels until our final journey to the ground. May we meet again." He says. Vera dies. His mom just died and he still doesn't now if Beth is alive, right in that moment he has no one.

Jaha finds Kane next to his dead mother. "Marcus. I'm so sorry. We need to get you out of here." He says.

"Sir. This was a coup. Councilors Cole, Kaplan, Muir, and Fuji are dead. If you hadn't cut your speech short-" The guard gets cut off.

"Where's Councilor Sydney?" Jaha asks.

"She left before the blast. I'll find her." The guard replies.

"You do that, and double the guard at the dropship. I'm putting the Ark on lockdown!" Jaha says. Broken electrical wire sparks, causing people to scream. "We are not missing that launch window!"

-

On The Ground.

Beth's POV

Now, everyone was mostly drunk and I'm bored. I was walking around the gates of camp when I notice a white flower. I smile to myself. Lincoln.

I look around making sure no one is around. I slip out of the gate. I continue my way following the flowers. I pick some of them as I walk. I smell one and smile. I love flowers. My grandma has the only plant on the Ark. It's a small tree. It's like her whole life.

I walk down the cave where Lincoln had O and I. I end up tripping on a rock. Lincoln quickly turns around. "Well that didn't work out the way I wanted it to." I say with a smirk.

He lets out a small laugh. "What were you trying to do?"

"Sneak up on you." I answer, biting my lip.

"We'll make a warrior out of you soon." He replies. I smile.

"I'm sorry again. For what they did to you." I say.

"It's fine. I'm fine." He replies. I nod and look up at him with a smile.

He leans down and kisses me. I kiss him back. He grabs my waist as I wrap my arms around his neck. He lays me down on a fur like blanket. I look up at his eyes. I smash my lips to his. He kisses me back and soon moves his lips to my neck. I bit my lip and let him continue kissing my neck. He pulls away and looks at me, I lean slightly up and take off my jacket then pull off my shirt, leaving me in my bra and jeans. He leans back down and kisses me.

-

You can probs tell what they did. I tried to make it different than what really happened in the show at the last part. I didn't want it the same. Beth and him have a slightly different relationship than Lincoln has in the show with Octavia. And that's somewhat why I love writing this. It's not all the same, they have different personality's and so some scenes will be different. But any ways what did you all think? How was it? I feel so bad for Kane. Like his mother died and Beth hasn't talked to him yet, and now can't. :( Well please comment. Thanks for reading. Bye.

-Kelly.