Chapter 13.

Beth's POV

I was sitting in the dropship, waiting for Bellamy to leave Lincoln. I watch as he walks down the ladder to where me and O are. I ignore their conversation, not in the mood to talk to him. I watch as he and Clarke talk.

"Beth." I look at Clarke and raise my eyebrows. "Bellamy and I are leaving camp for the day, we are going to try and find a depot the council told me about." I nod at her. "Your dad, he wants to talk to you soon."

"Kay." I say to her. She nods at me and I nod back and she walks out of the dropship. I look at Octavia. "I'm going upstairs." I say, she nods and I get up. I climb the ladder and see Miller sitting in a chair. I see Lincoln still tied up. I also notice Miller holding his nose, as if something -or someone- hit it. "Finally piss him off enough?" I ask with a smug smirk.

"Shut up Kane." He says. I roll my eyes.

"Go get a wet cloth to put on that, it looks ugly." I say to him with my hands on my hips. He looks at Lincoln then to me. "I'm not gonna let him out. I'm not that dumb." He sighs but nods and goes downstairs, closing the hatch behind him. I turn to Lincoln. "I'm getting you out later." I say automatically after the hatch shuts.

"Your people will not let that happen." He says.

"What my people won't know, won't hurt them. I'll get Octavia to help. I know she will, we just have to figure out how." I say.

"It's to dangerous." He says.

"So was staying in the woods that day I first met you. You could have killed me but you didn't." I say.

"Your going against your people." He tells me.

"Yeah, and so did you by not killing me. Guess we're even?" I ask with a smirk.

"I don't want you to get hurt because of me." He tells me.

"I won't. One, I'll rip their throats out before they can even touch me. Two, well, if my dad comes down here and hears I'm dead because someone from here, he won't hesitate to hurt them. They all know that." I say.

He lets out what could be passed as a small laugh. "Did I just make you laugh?" I ask him. He rolls his eyes. "What's it like growing up on the ground?" I ask him.

His facial expression slightly changes. "It was alright, the most we have ever had to worry about was the Mountain Men and sometimes the Ice nation." He replies.

"That must have been nice, to be able to feel the wind and breath in real air." I say to him.

"It is. How was it growing up on the Ark?" He asks.

"Hell. I mean it wasn't to bad. But then sometimes it was. Theirs a lot of laws, rules and most of the time if you would break them. You wouldn't get a second chance. Um, growing up with your dad as one of the most on the Ark had it's perks but then other times it didn't. My father has floated many people. My mom included." I pause for a second. "The Ark was great when I was younger, all I had to worry about was whether Raven and Finn were good and making it home before curfew. But when I got older, everything got harder. My mom died, making it worse. Then I got arrested, made it all hell." I say. By now I was standing to the side of him, closer to him. He was looking at me. "But I got out of it. I was sent down here. Down here to die but we didn't. We lived. Well almost all of us." I say.

"On the Ark, what does floating someone mean?" He asks.

"Um, when you get arrested on the Ark and you are over 18, you get floated. They put you in an airlock, one side of the doors is guards, the Chancellor, most of the time -my dad, and family of the person being floated. On the other side is space. There's a door right between you and the black abyss that kills people. You get sucked out into space, no oxygen. No nothing just blackness. A painful blackness filled death." I say. I look down and take a deep breath.

"I won't let anything like that happen to you." He says causing me to look at him.

"Why? I mean, we just met and my people just almost killed you. Why don't you hate me?" I ask him.

"You are not the reason that happened. You, tried to help." He says. I give him a small sad smile.

"I don't want you getting hurt because of me." I tell him.

"And I don't want you getting hurt at all." He says.

"I don't want you hurt either." I tell him. I pause then continue. "I'm not worth it. I never have been."

"You are worth it." He says. "You are, and you always will be, Beth kom skaikru." I smile at him as I hear the hatch open up. I move slightly away, back to the wall I was previously standing next to. I watch as Miller walks back up.

"I'll see you later Miller." I say. I walk over to the hatch. I give Lincoln one last look before I climb down.

Okay so this was kinda just a filler chapter. But what about the Lincoln/Beth moments? Bethlin? or Belin? Kinda leaning more towards Belin. But if you guys can think of anymore, let me know. Thanks for reading. Bye.

-Kelly.