Part 6: Confused & Shocked

After breakfast Demi cleaned up the mess she made and after she was finished she walked off to Joe’s room to get ready to leave. Joe later came in to find her ready to leave; she was sitting on his bed.

Joe: “Are you leaving?”

Demi: “Yea, sorry I got a text from Alex saying my mum wants to talk to me.”

Joe: “Ok, I guess you better go.”

Demi: “Well I’m gonna go. I told Alex to get me.”

Joe: “What, why my sister could of taken you.” (Angry)

Demi: “Sorry and I think it’s time you told him the truth and believe me he will keep your secret. I promise.”

Joe: “Fine.” (Still angry)

Demi kissed him on the cheek instead of the lips, he felt a bit hurt. Demi walked out to go and wait for Alex to come and get her. About half an hour Alex pulled up in his red sports car and got out and walked to the front door and knocked on it. Michelle got up and answered it and let Alex in, he was shocked that Joe didn’t tell him the truth. Demi walked out of the bathroom and smiled at Alex.

Demi: “Bye Michelle and tell your mum thank you for having me.”

Michelle: “Sure, don’t you want to say bye to Joe.”

Demi: “Umm…I already did.”

Alex: “We should go.”

Demi: “Yea.”

Before they got a chance to walk out, Joe walked out of his room and grabbed Demi by the waist and kissed her hard on the lips. Alex stood there shocked. Demi kissed him back and put her arms around his neck. Demi was confused at what Joe did; she thought they were over because she told Alex his secret. But after this I guess not. They pulled away and smiled at each other and hugged then Joe let her go.

Joe: “I’ll see you at school.”

Demi: “Yep bye Joe.”

Alex: “Hey Joe, we will take later Ok.”

Joe: “Sure man.”

Alex and Demi walked out and got into his car. Alex drove off to their house when they got home; Eva was waiting for them to walk in. She was sitting in the living room when they walked in Eva got up and walked over to them.

Eva: “Hey sweetie.”

Demi: “Hi Mum.”

Eva: “Well why don’t you have a seat and we can talk Ok.”

Demi: “Ok.”

Demi sat down in front of Eva and waited for her mother to start talking. Eva sat back down and began to talk to Demi about her behavior towards her.

Eva: “Look Demi; I’m not liking your behavior towards me.”

Demi: “Wow shocker.”

Eva: “Demi please I’m trying here.”

Demi: “Right so it’s ok that dad hasn’t been gone long and you’re ready to move on with another guy.”

Eva: “I know it hurts; I’m hurting too I loved your father as much as you do. I thought that if I was seeing someone else it wouldn’t hurt as much.” (Sad tone)

Demi: “I’m sorry; I’ve been a bitch lately I’m just hurting.”

Eva: “I know sweetie and I want to spend more time with you and Alex too. But sometime just you so we can have our mother-daughter days.”

Demi: “I would love that.”

Eva: “Well tell me what’s been happening in your life so far. You’re like a closed book so hard to read. You know you get that from your father.”

Demi: “Well I now have a boyfriend.”

Eva: “Wow and I remember you once told me you were against falling in love and finding a boyfriend.” (Smiles)

Demi: “Well that’s changed.” (Smiles)

Eva: “You mean this guy has changed you.”

Demi: “You could say that.” (Smiles)

Eva: “Well what’s his name and am I going to meet him.”

Demi: “Umm… his name is Joe Jonas and maybe.”

Eva: “Oh one of Alex’s friends; does Alex know.”

Demi: “Yea, he kind of saw us kissing.” (Giggles)

Eva: “I’m so happy we’ve had this talk today Sweetie.”

Demi: “Me too Mum.”

Eva: “Well I’ve got work to do; so you can do what you want.”

Demi: “Ok Mum.” (Hugs her mum, Eva was shocked at the hug Demi gave her)

Demi went up to her room to go for a shower and change her clothes from last night. When she was finished she decided to get things ready for school because she had a lot of homework to do. Alex knocked on her door when she was finally finished cleaning and made her bed.

Alex: “Hey how you doing.”

Demi: “I’m great what about you?”

Alex: “Good, I didn’t know you and Joe were together.”

Demi: “Well it kind of happened.”

Alex: “Ok, so what’s the deal with him and where he lives?”

Demi: “Well as you saw he’s not rich, just everyone thinks it.”

Alex: “Oh so he lied to everyone.”

Demi: “No like I said before everyone just thinks he’s rich and he just didn’t correct them.”

Alex: “Oh I wish he told me.”

Demi: “Well he didn’t and I’m sure he’s sorry about it.”

Alex: “Yea; well I’m going to the park for a game with the boys.”

Demi: “Can I come.” (Smiles)

Alex: “You just want to go and see Joe.”

Demi: “Maybe.” (Giggles)

Alex: “Fine.”