Chapter 6-Under the Moons

This isn't a thoroughly  polished chap, but I tried to lessen the errors.
-----

Somewhere near Arktis Edge
Arktis Skyland
Northern Space

Two days.

Two days was all it took, before Alec came to a decision.

With a sigh, he tucked another one of his clothes into his small bag. He opened his drawer and rummaged through it until he saw what he was looking for. He grabbed the metal chain, and pulled it out. He bounced on the bed as he dropped his body on it, and examined the circular object in his hand.

He raised it higher and the silver and gold caught the light coming from his open window. His eyes followed the white intricate swirls that formed around a ten pointed star. He sighed again as his thumb found a small golden button on the side and pressed it. The object flew open, and despite what happened two nights ago, he smiled.

Inside the object, he saw an image of his 2 year-old self sitting on his brother's lap as they laughed and faced the light-crima. He had no memories of this happening, but Alen talked about it often, and it made him feel like he did remember their image getting taken together. He said that he had thrown anything he could grab at the light-crima, because he was scared of the flash that came when it took an image. He only calmed down when Alen sat him on his lap, and started tickling his sides.

A knock on his door, caused him to snap out of his musings. He shut the locket and threw it in a small pouch in his bag. He tied his pack closed, and made his way to the door after shutting his window. When he opened it, Gael's smiling face greeted his blank one.

"How are you feeling?" he asked. Alec wanted to roll his eyes at his attempt to make light conversation, but held himself back. He looked back into his home one last time, before he stepped out.

"I'm fine," he said. He took out his key and locked his door. He faced Gael, who rubbed the back of his neck with a weak smile on his face.

"Sorry, for my poor attempt at starting a conversation. I'm no good at that," he said, causing Alec to knit his brows.

"How did you know I was thinking that?" he said. He saw how a playful smirk appeared on the older man's face, causing his frown to deepen.

"I don't know," he said, as he shrugged. "Maybe I read your mind?"

Alec watched as he turned away, catching a glimpse of Gael's green eyes filled with laughter, most definitely directed at him. He shook his head, and followed after the man. He stopped for a moment on the spot where Crimson lay a two nights ago and stared at the ground with glassy eyes.

"We got long days of flying ahead of us, young man," his head snapped to Gael. He stopped at a nearby tree, waiting for him to catch up.

As they resumed walking for the next half an hour, Alec wondered why he even agreed to leave Arktis right at the moment Gael asked if he wanted to. He decided to think of reasons to convince himself that he made a good decision. One, is because he'd be safer from that man who tried to kill him the moment he told him his name. Although, he was capable of protecting himself on his own. And as they approached the Town of Gelun, a second reason formed in his mind.

I can get away from the people in this stupid place, he thought. His face lost all emotion in them, once they both stepped into town. At once, the eyes of the townspeople nearby fell on them. Some glared, while some frowned, as they passed and headed for the market. Alec ignored them all, and kept on walking down the white streets.

"Umm...they're waiting at the flying docks," Gael said, as he noticed the attention they were receiving, more specifically Alec. Instead of staring back, he roamed his eyes over the grey structures that towered around them, and the busy street market.