Chapter 22-Eggs

Draeyer Academy
Drae Skyland
Northeastern Space

"Being able to control your powers is essential, not only for you, but for the others around you," Professor Cynn said. His long golden blonde hair swished behind him as he paced the length in front of the board. Alec sat with an arm propped on top of the desk, and one side of his face cradled in his palm. He watched the teacher pick up a small white rock, and wrote on the black wood.

"We ought to finish your lessons about Sentires who bear the red-colored gems," he said, as his hands moved over the board. "But now that we have a student who bears a green, we're going to have to touch the surface of it."

He turned his back to the board which now had the words, "Censorins" and, "Empathyns" written on the surface.

"You all know what Censorins are," Professor Cynn said. "But can somebody tell me about the Empathyns, aside from the basic knowledge you all learned before you accepted to be the first students in this class? I expect you all did a bit more reading than required."

Alec glanced at Knox from the corner of his eyes when the boy raised his hand. He heard Solana and Rei snort at the same time and mutter something along the lines of "Of course he'd know." The teacher nodded at him to stand as he fixed his brown eyes on Knox.

"Empathyns are people like Alec, the ones who have green Sentiral Stones," he said. "Unlike us Censorins, who have powers to only affect non-living things and ourselves, they have the power to affect the living." Alec stopped his eyes from going wide at the new piece of information, and kept his stoic mask on. "They have the ability to emit and control waves of energy and decide how it's going to affect live creatures."

"Anyone else?" Professor Cynn said. Alec casted his gaze down on the desk in front of him, and watched Areisha raising her hand and stood. She spoke.

"The most common Empathyns have the power to heal or worsen the condition of an individual. Rare kinds are the ones able to make plants and animals do as they please."

"Very good, you two," Cynn said. "You may now take your seats." He went around his desk, and sat himself on top of the wood. His feet dangled in front of him, as he grabbed a round red ball and tossed it from one hand to another.

"Sentires have only recently been grouped, and given a name to call by. In history, there were two prominent people who were to be called Empathyns if they were born in this era," he said. "First is the founder of the Council of Heavens, Decien Behan Versulies, and the second headmaster of this Academy, Ardinel Roselinne Skywarden."

The last name caused Alec's head to shot up, as the man's familiar face popped up in his mind. He had remembered seeing the crystal-eyed man in the hallway leading to the Headmaster's office. Just like then, the name and image still left a feeling of familiarity in him. He shook his head in silence and forced his mind on the lecture.

"Lord Versulies had the power over plants, while Lord Skywarden, had the ability to bend any animal to his will," Professor Cynn said. "They were both feared for their powers, but the both of them used it well for setting up a better government and learning system in Kosmiks."

"Lord Decien's efforts were put in vain," Rei said. River and Solana chuckled, while the remaining four kept their silence. The blonde professor threw the ball, and it bounced once before rolling over the desk to Rei's spot.

"This is Power Mastery Class, not-express-your-opinion-on-politics, Reinand," he said. "Keep those comments to yourself, please."

Alec felt a smile tug at his lips when Rei puffed out his cheeks like child, and jerk his head away from the professor. He shook his head lightly, before turning to Cynn, who gave a dramatic sigh while scratching the back of his head.