Chapter 19-Areisha's Guardian

Draeyer Academy
Drae Skyland
Northeastern Space

"Saggar!" Areisha said as a heavy weight bounced on top of her stomach. She sat up, trying to gasp for air which left her lungs in a hurry. She looked down, and spotted her Draeling looking up at her with big pink eyes while nestled in her blanket. She took a deep breath to rid herself of the anger which bubbled inside her. Raising one of her delicate hands, she stroked the metal of Emera's head.

"Why did you wake me up?" she said while rubbing her eyes. "It's a weekend. We can play all day if you want."

She yawned as Emera jumped off of her large bed, and ran across the green carpeting to the door. Her brows knit together when the little creature started pawing at her door, while sniffing at the gap beneath. She started hopping around in circles on the floor as her shrieks echoed against the room's white walls. Areisha peeled the blanket off her, and shook her head with a smile. She stood and cradled the baby Drae in her arms.

"You must be hungry," she said. "I'll get changed first before we go downstairs." She placed Emera on her bed, and the Drae restlessly ran around in circles as the bed bounced with each step of her little paws. Areisha laughed at the adorable display, and stroked the creature's head. She went to her closet, and slid her silk nightdress off her creamy shoulders. Soon, she went to the door donned in a white shirt, black shorts, and brown slippers.

"Come on, Emera," she said. As soon as she pulled the oak door open, the Draeling spread her wings and flew past the door and to the hallway. Her Draeyer stood wide-eyed as she stepped out and saw her flying through the hall and down the stairs. Areisha's brows knit, curious of what was happening, as she ran through the turquoise hall.

The last time she acted like this it was because of...she trailed in her thoughts. Her lips pressed into a thin line for a moment as she remembered the transfer student. She raced down the stairs of the third floor until she reached the twin staircase, both leading down to the common area of Star Dorm. She paused on the last landing as her blue eyes grew big at the sight on the ground floor.

Emera, Dia, and Uby gathered and curled around a familiar person who had a smile tugging at his lips. Her eyes were on Emera as the Draeling tuck her head between Arden's neck and shoulder. Her grip on the railing tightened, not that she was aware of it.

"Isha," a voice broke her out of her staring. She looked over and saw Solana waving at her with a smile and her blonde hair in a mess of curls. It was as if she just woke up. Solana sat on one of the couches, with Knox, and the infuriating Arden across from them. She returned her friend's smile before climbing down the steps. However, the smile vanished not a moment later, when she saw the transferee stroking her Drae's head.

"What is he doing here?" she spat. Her eyes narrowed into slits as she got closer. She sat on a blue single couch, and crossed her leg over the other and placed her arms on the rests. Alec broke away from her gaze, and shook his head.

"It's nice to know that I'm welcome here," he said, as he patted a pale red Draeling, the same size as Emera, who curled into a ball next to him.

"Uby, quit bothering Alec," Knox said, as he raised both his hands and motioned the Drae over. Uby peeled one scaly eye open, before letting out a snort, and snuggling closer to Alec. The latter chuckled at what it did.

"He's not a bother at all Knox," he said. "It's fine."

"Even with the sealing power of your Sentiral Stone, the Draes still can't seem to stay away from you, even for a bit," the tanned-skin boy said. "Are you sure that you toned down the stone to pale green?"

Areisha watched with raised brows, as Alec took a silver chain from around his neck and revealed a Sentiral Stone in pale green color attached to it. A faint gasp, one could be mistaken for a breath, escaped her lips as she unconsciously reached out at the bracelet where a pink stone attached itself on the silver.