Chapter 50-Story

Draeyer Academy
Drae Skyland
Northeastern Space

The academy's corridors were quiet as usual for the weekend breaks. Only the thumps of Gael's boots filled the silence of the ground floor as he made his way to the infirmary. In his hand, he held a clear bottle of pinkish-white liquid.

As he walked, his mind kept replaying the events from two days ago. Question after question made him toss and turn on his bed, unable to get a proper amount of sleep. He failed to remove the image of the Eimion he had seen very much alive and breathing. If word about an Eimion appearing after centuries reached the public, he could only imagine what the priests of Kosmiks would do. And he was sure it would mean bad news for Draeyer Academy.

He released a sigh when he pushed open the large wooden doors. The moment he stepped in, he saw Areisha sitting on one of the cots with her back leaning on the wall. The girl busied herself with staring at the twins sleeping on the two beds next to hers. With quiet steps, he approached her.

"How are you feeling Areisha?" he asked. The brunette looked up at him with her big blue eyes before her gaze settled to her lap.

"I'm all right," she said as she fiddled with her fingers. Gael reached out and patted her head. Rounding her bed, Gael made his way to the space between the twins. He bent and pulled Solana's blanket to her shoulders before giving her temple a light kiss. He proceeded to do the same to Knox.

He straightened and his gaze flitted from River then to Ceiver, eyeing their sleeping forms. When his eyes landed on an empty bed with crumpled sheets and blanket, he released a sigh and ran his hand through his hair. He walked to the empty cot and placed the bottle of liquid on the side table. "Where's Alec?" he asked as he turned to Areisha.

"He snuck out when Nurse Jemial left," she said. It made him chuckle for some reason. "He said he was going to the lake."

Their attention went to the door when it opened. Gael smiled at the visitor, in contrast to Areisha's wide-eyed one. Gael approached the man as he walked past the doors. When he stood in front of him, he bowed at the waist.

"Good day, Lord Sheriun," he said. He straightened his green eyes met with dark blue ones. The Skylord nodded and gave him a smile before his gaze fell on his daughter. When Gael looked, Areisha had lowered her head to avoid making eye contact. "I'll take my leave, my lord."

After he excused himself, he left the room. He was aware of the father and daughter's situation, and he wanted them to make up...even a little. As he left the cavernous room, he grimaced at himself. He was being hypocritical, wherein fact he could never allow himself to forgive his own father.

―――

Cool breezes caressed his face as he threaded the path to Detrian Lake. He took his time and enjoyed himself by listening to the rustling leaves, the twittering of birds, and the pad of small creatures' feet on the ground. His gaze fell on the glistening clear water of the lake, before a sitting figure drew his attention away from it. From the distance, he knew it was Alec because of the three Draelings wrestling each other beside him. His smile never left his face, even as he stood behind the young man.

Alec released a sigh before his lower body fell on the grass. An amused smile formed on Gael's face when he saw his eyes roll back to look up at him. He sat down, and when Entiny noticed him, she ran away from her brothers and curled herself on his lap. His hand went up and stroked the wings marking on her neck.

"Solana and Knox woke up earlier," Alec said. He had stopped trying to look at him and was now gazing up at the clear sky. "They don't remember what happened. Nurse Jemial had to say the lie the headmaster made. I have a feeling that the same would be said about River and Ceiv when they awake."