prologue

Taeyeon was lost in her own thoughts when her adoptive parents tried to get her attention

Taeyeon was lost in her own thoughts when her adoptive parents tried to get her attention. "You alright back there, sweetheart?" asked her father.

She sighed, knowing her parents wouldn't drop the subject, "Not really. I mean, it's one thing knowing you're a Demi-God  but it's another thing knowing you're the keeper of the Supernatural world. I know my birth father died protecting me but having been with you both my entire life, I don't want anything to happen to you. I just don't know how I'm going to get through all this."

Truth was, Taeyeon was terrified. She had no idea how she was going to get through all of this on her own. She cherished her own little world and now her world just got a whole lot bigger.

"We completely understand, sweetie but this is your destiny. We will stop at nothing to protect you. We spent your entire life teaching you everything you needed to know about this world but it's up to you to discover who you are through all of this. You are strong and we have full faith that you will get through this."

As much as she wanted to believe her parents, she didn't know if she could. Maybe her parents were right by moving to a new town, this way she could get a fresh outlook on everything.

Little did she know, how much moving to a new town would affect her.