12 | ring

The summer was slowly starting but Taeyeon was worried

The summer was slowly starting but Taeyeon was worried. She didn't know how she was going to tell Emmett that she would be going to Camp Half-Blood for a few days, maybe weeks. She knew how much he wanted to be with her, especially after the battle. He hated that she almost got hurt during the battle, hence why he was practically joined at her hip. However, Camp Half-Blood was home to her and she missed her family.

"What's got you worried?" Emmett asks her. The pair was sat in her garden, enjoying the weather.

"Nothing," she spoke quickly.

Emmett sighed, "Don't lie to me, I know when something is wrong." He hated to admit it but for the past couple of days, she had been drifting away from him and he was hurt. He couldn't understand why she wouldn't tell him what was going on. They were mates so why couldn't she tell him what was troubling her.

"It's not you, Emmett. It's just, now that the summer is here, I want to go home. I want to spend time with you but I want to see my family too. I miss them." She didn't want to hurt his feeling but she honestly did miss her family. Both her siblings had agreed that they wanted to go home, even if it was just for a few days.

"Don't feel bad, I get it. I know you miss them. I know how important family is to you. You can take as much time as you need. Just don't forget about me," he smiled.

Taeyeon gasped in mock shock, "I could never."

Emmett chuckled softly, "Glad to hear that. How long are you going to be gone?"

"Not sure. Depends on how things go. But I will be back for Bella's wedding, I can't exactly leave you dateless to the wedding. Besides, I'm sure Alice will kill me."

Emmett laughed, "She definitely would kill you. I'm honoured that you thought of me. It would be a shame if I went to the wedding with no date, I'm sure all the ladies would love it."

Taeyeon playfully glared at her mate, "I'm sure they would, just don't come running back to me when they say they've seen better."

Emmett grinned, "No need to worry, love, you're all mine. Just as I am yours."

"Damn straight you are and don't you forget it Cullen."

"How could I when I have a goddess as a mate?"

"So sweet."

"You know it, baby." They both began laughing at their childishness. They enjoyed spending time together and teasing each other. Taeyeon loved that Emmett was serious when he needed to be but was a man child at heart. He didn't care what others thought of him and loved making others laugh.

"You'll be back though, right?"

"You're not getting rid of me so soon. I'm here to stay, McCarty. I love you. And you're stuck with me for the rest of eternity." She loved him and she would spent an eternity showing him. He was everything she could ever ask for and she was never letting him go. Emmett felt the exact same way, she was his rock and his reason for fighting.

"Does that mean if I asked you to marry me, you would?"

Taeyeon's eyes widened in shock, "Are you serious?"

Emmett grinned, "One hundred percent. I love you. You are the woman I want to spend eternity with. You are the person I want to see the world with. You're my soulmate, my other half. You're the only person I want to spend my future with. You are my everything and I couldn't ask for anyone better. I want to marry you but if you're not ready I still want you to have the ring as a reminder that I love you and that we are going to get married some day."

Emmett opened a box to reveal a gorgeous rose gold ring

Emmett opened a box to reveal a gorgeous rose gold ring. It was absolutely stunning and she couldn't believe that the man in front of her wanted to marry her. She loved him with all her heart and knew what she needed to do. "I love you more than anything in this world, which is why I'm saying yes. I want to marry you. I want to spend forever with you, as your wife." Emmett placed the ring on her ring finger on her left hand before kissing her hand.

"I love you, future Mrs.McCarty."

"I love you too, Mr.McCarty."

THE END