6 | secrets

Taeyeon finally got home from the store, hands full of groceries, ready to make dinner

Taeyeon finally got home from the store, hands full of groceries, ready to make dinner. She had decided to make her mother's favourite: lasagne. It had been a while since the family had spent a night together so she wanted to make it as comfortable for everyone as much as possible. She had managed to finish dinner a couple of minutes before her parents were scheduled to come home so after setting the table, she went up stairs changing into something more comfortable.

Taeyeon walked downstairs in a sweater, black jeans and a pair of vans. She decided to put up her hair, less hassle since her hair had grown in the past few weeks. Soon after she heard the door open, making her way to the door to greet her parents.

"Hey, sweetie," smiled her mum. Piper hated that she didn't get to see her daughter as often as she would like but she knew Taeyeon was more than capable of protecting herself but she was still her daughter. She felt as though these past couple she hadn't been much of a mother figure to her.

"Hey, princess," grinned her father. Leo had missed his youngest child. She had always been independent but it was his job to protect her no matter what. He was suppose to be there for her no matter what and recently, he felt like he hadn't been recently.

"Hey, mum and dad. I finished dinner. Why don't you both freshen up, I have something I need to talk to the both of you about." As much as she hated it, her guardians deserved to know the truth. Her parents couldn't understand what was so important but knew not to question it. They moved to freshen up.

"I know you're both going to be mad at me for what I'm about to tell you but you both need to know," Taeyeon said as soon as her parents sit down. "For the past couple of weeks I have been having visions about a newborn army making their way to Forks."

Her mum gasped in shock, "Why didn't you say anything? What are they after?"

Taeyeon sighed, "I didn't say anything because I didn't want you to worry. You both know I can take care of myself. I hate hiding anything from you but I myself didn't understand anything up until recently. Turns out the newborn army is after Isabella Swan because Edward Cullen killed Victoria's mate."

Her father frowned in confusion, "Why would they be after Isabella Swan and Edward Cullen and who is Victoria?"

"Isabella is a human that is dating Edward who is a vampire. Last year, Victoria's mate James was killed because he decided to go after Isabella and Edward killed him. Victoria wants revenge," Taeyeon explained.

Both her parents understood why she didn't tell them anything but they didn't understand what her role was in all of this, "What does this have to do with you?"

Taeyeon sighed, "As you know I'm only shown what I'm meant to see but I don't quite know what my role in this is yet. I did find out that I'm the mate to one of the vampires from the Cullen coven." Just thinking about Emmett made her smile. No one had ever made her feel this way and she was scared what it meant for the both of them.

Her mother could see the smile on her face as she thought about a certain vampire, "Will we ever get to meet this mate of yours?" Her parents both adored her but were overprotective in every sense. She was still their little girl and they would make sure no harm came to their daughter.

Taeyeon grinned sheepishly, "He asked me on a date tomorrow night. His name is Emmett by the way." She was nervous about her date with Emmett. No one had made her feel like Emmett did, she only hoped that he felt the same way she did.

Her father grinned, "Well, I can't wait to meet this guy. He better treat my baby right." Taeyeon and her mother both laugh at Leo's comment, knowing he was serious. The rest of the meal went without a hitch and Taeyeon was grateful to finally be able to spend some time with her family but she did feel as though something was missing. Her brother and sister, she hoped they were both well.

Taeyeon woke up the next morning ready for the day ahead

Taeyeon woke up the next morning ready for the day ahead. The school day turned out to be rather boring. She had a pop quiz in AP Calculus which she aced, a new assignment in AP History where she partnered up with Jasper and finally she was given an essay in AP English on Macbeth. Overall, the day wasn't so bad but as the end of the day neared, she got more nervous. She was terrified for her date later with Emmett.

She got home, finish some of her homework before getting ready for her date with Emmett. She opted for a simple black dress with black boots and a beige cardigan. She wanted to keep it as simple as possible. She wanted to get to know him. She wanted to understand the bond that she and Emmett already shared despite not really knowing each other. She wanted to understand how he could mean so much to her despite only knowing him for a short period of time.

Suddenly the door bell went off, making her freeze in surprise. He's early, she thought. She took a deep breathe, making her way down the stairs. She was a little annoyed that neither of her parents were home as she wanted them to meet Emmett. Taeyeon walked over to the door, hand slightly shaking as she opened the door. She was faced with a grinning Emmett and she couldn't help but smile.

"You look absolutely stunning," he grinned. Emmett couldn't believe that she was his mate. After so long alone, he couldn't believe he had found his other half. She was absolutely stunning and he couldn't seem to keep his eyes off of her and he didn't want to.

"Thank you. Not so bad yourself."

Emmett laughed wholeheartedly, "Thank you. Ready to go?"

Taeyeon smiled, grabbing her coat, "More than ever."