Chapter 1: Lovely Humans

"I'll kill you. I swear I'll kill you!" The woman cries in rage. She had already collapsed and now pounds her fists against the grey cement of the roof. I watch her from my perch on the railing surrounding the roof. I rock back on my heels and lean my head back over the edge, managing to keep my balance.

I laugh, "Please~" I really don't mind. Most the time these people forget; however, on the rare chance they do come after me it's... exhilarating!

She glares at me through her tears. Her pathetic face is wrinkled and scrunched up thanks to her misery. "Don't mock me."

"Oh, I'm not mocking you," I inform her, a large smile spreading across my face. I jump down and walk towards the middle of the roof. "Whether I live or die, I really don't care. The only good that comes from living is playing with all you beautiful humans." I pause and rethink my words. "Given that, I don't necessarily wish for death. I simply want you to know I'll accept any type of punishment you wish to inflict on me." I pause briefly to lean back and look into her cold eyes. "That is...if you do choose to punish me~"

I watch and stand in place as she gets up and stumbles towards me. "I'll make you beg for your life."

I laugh. I can't stand it anymore! Humanity really is the best! "Yes! This is what I want!" I straighten and turn away, still laughing my head off. I wipe a tear from my eye and turn back towards her. I give her a smile and stick my tongue out through the corner of my lips. "Ta Ta!"

I wave goodbye to her and wink, as if she were an old friend and continue to walk as she curses me.

I walk slowly enough so she could easily catch me, but she's so pathetic that I doubt she'll even try. As expected, she doesn't even attempt anything. I continue to chuckle to myself, but I soon frown when I feel my phone buzz in my pocket.

I continue walking as I pull out my phone and look at the message. The smile slowly creeps back onto my face. I click my phone off and slide it back into my pocket. I watch the people pass me. Some try their best to avoid me and others stay obliviously unaware. How many of these people will actually bring about excitement? I wonder, thinking carefully. Even people have begun to bore me. They only excite me mildly now. How unfortunate~

I pout softly to myself. I'll have to find a new plaything to keep me entertained for a while~

I hear a commotion about a block down, Honestly, it's too late for this. A smirk marks it's way onto my face and I skip happily towards the scene.

XxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXx

I'm tired, so that's where I'll stop for today. I promise you Shizuo will come soon. Please be patient! >.< How do you like it so far? I'm trying my best to capture the unpredictability of Izaya.

Bye, bye!

14-7-16