Chapter 3: Apartment

After I arrive in Ikebukuro, a realization strikes me. He's here.

"Shit!" I duck my head down and try to blend in with the crowd. It's all right as long as he doesn't see me.

Usually I wouldn't mind, but I don't want to be distracted from what I came here to do.

I quickly navigate the streets until I reach my destination. So far so good. I get on the elevator and press the desired number. I find the room I want and knock on the door.

"I'll get it," I hear a gruff, but slightly muted voice say on the other side of the door. I hear footsteps.

Shit! I think. Why the fuck is he here?

I dodge out of the way of the door and squat behind a fern in the corner. Luckily he's pretty stupid, so I should be okay.

I hear the door open and see the tall man look around. Well, technically I can just barely see the top of his head over the plant, but that's not important.

I hear him mutter, "Smells like shit," before heading back inside.

I frown and sniff myself. He always says that, but I never smell anything. It's not like I'm dirty or anything either. I think he's just an idiot.

After a minute or two I head back towards the door and place the side of my face against it. From what I can hear, it's only those two, but there may be another person or two in there.

I sigh and head back towards my spot behind the plant. I sit down and wait.

I wake up to the sound of a door open. I snap awake and scramble to hide myself. I can't believe I was so careless, to sleep even in a place like this. Fortunately, I don't make enough noise for the idiot to notice me. As soon as the elevator closes, I get up and knock on the door.

"Oh, Shizuo, did you forg-," the doctor trails off as he sees me. "Izaya? What are you doing here? And how did you get up here without Shizuo noticing?"

I ignore the latter question and put my face right in front of his. "You know damn well why I'm here."

"Whatever could you mean?" He gives a goofy smile and scratches the back of his head, trying to appear innocent.

"Breaking into my house? Writing a damn note that's quite annoying?" I continue glaring.

"I may or may not have done that."

"Why?" I growl.

He finally caves. "I'm just worried about you. When was the last time you ate?"

This time, I try to act innocent. "Oh, I don't know. Maybe a few days ago...? Days? No, no! I meant day as in one day! Yep! I ate last night!"

"And what did you eat?" He asks this in his typical doctor voices which annoys me even more.

"I don't know. A few crackers or something." I grow angry. "I'm busy alright! I don't have time to eat."

"Really?" He asks, crossing his arms. "What were you doing before you came here?"

"Sleeping."

"And you couldn't have eaten what Namie made before coming here?"

"Do you know what she was making? It had so many calories I would get fat in an instant," I complain.

"Haha!" He points a finger in my face. "You're not busy, just anorexic. You have no reason to be. How much do you weigh?"

Before I can respond, we get interrupted.

"Hey, Shinra. Can I..." He stops as soon as he sees me. "I knew it smelled like shit."

XxXxXxXxXx

I made two chapters! And! Shizuo came!

Bye, bye!

17-7-16