Chapter 11: "Game"

As expected, my sisters took me up on the offer as soon as I mentioned Shizu-chan's brother. For now, they set out to directly talk to Shinra and negotiate or convince him that we were on  good terms.

That makes me wonder... How does Shizu-chan really feel about me? Saying he's shown some compassion, he must not completely hate me anymore. But...if I asked him would he really answer me truthfully. No matter what, I can't ask any leading questions. I also need to know what his tells are.

"Hey! Flea!" He calls out to me. I look up at him. "Why are you spacing out over there?" He asks.

I smile and clap my hands together. "Let's play a game!"

"What?" He asks. "Like Monopoly or something?"

"No. This isn't a board game. I'll show you how to play. First, I'm going to ask you some questions and you must say 'no' to everything, even if it's true. After a few, I'll tell you to stop and you must answer all my questions truthfully."

"What? Why?"

"It's fun. Come on." I beg playfully.

"Fine."

"Okay, first of all, is your name Shizuo Heiwajima?"

"This is stupid," he mutters, looking away from me. "I don't want to play."

"Please, Shizu-chan!" I pout and bat my eyelashes.

He growls angrily. "Don't call me that!"

"Please!" I continue pouting.

"Fine. No...I guess." He says confused.

"Good," I smile and pat his head like he's a pet, to which he angrily shoves my hand away. I laugh and continue. "Now, do you have a brother?"

"...No." I watch him closely to see if he makes any movements or motions.

"Do you work with Thomas Tanaka?"

"His name's Tom," he corrects me immediately.

"Same difference," I roll my eyes, but he doesn't answer. "Do you work with Tom Tanaka?"

"No." I see his eye twitch. I need to ask another false question to make sure, but I should ask a true question so he doesn't put his guard up.

"Do you hate smoking?"

"No." I'll ask another true question before asking a false.

"Do you hate Kasuka?"

"No," he answers.

Okay now for the final yes or no question. "Do you hate violence?"

"No." I see his eye twitch again. Good. I found myself a way to see if he lies.

"Okay," I tell him, clapping my hands together again. "You want to know something?" I ask to play with him a bit. Plus I want to see if he caught on.

"No," he tells me, looking slightly confused.

I laugh at his confusion. "That was a real question, silly~ But I'm going to tell you anyway~ For the questions you answered "no" to and meant, you answered more quickly. You know why that is?"

"No," he says, then adds on, "and yes. I know it's a real question."

I smile. "I know~ You're too stupid to understand why you'd answer more quickly, but it's pretty simple. If you have the mind set to answer 'no' to everything, your brain takes less time to process and direct signals; therefore, your mouth can speak, without as much thought."

He stares at me in confusion. "...What the fuck are you rambling on about?"

I giggle and ignore him, "Now answer my questions truthfully~"

He sighs. "What is the point of this exactly?"

"I'm bored, so I need to play a game~"

"Just a while ago you were completely ignoring me and now you want to play a game?" He raises an eyebrow.

"The hope of getting out of these chains has raised my spirit to feel energized," I tell him dramatically. Then I add, "Plus, if we're chained, we might as well get to know each other better."

"If this is to get to know each other better, then why did I answer all of those as 'no'?"

"Because it's more fun that way," I try to convince him. Then I wink, "Plus I knew you wouldn't understand my fact and I wanted to feel power over you." I smile as he glares at my statement. "Now answer these questions~"

"Fine," he sighs.

"Good boy!" He frowns and I laugh at him. "Do you hate my sisters?"

"No," he says, "but they can get annoying when they won't stop trying to bother my brother."

"Why do you dress like a bartender if you work as a body guard?" I ask him, despite knowing the answer.

"My brother gave me the outfit because I used to be a bartender until a certain someone ruined it for me."

I act innocent. "What? Little ole me?" He clenches his fists and I put my hands in front of me, surrendering. "When is your birthday?"

"January 28. That's kind of a creepy question, and don't you already know this stuff? You are an information broker," Shizu-chan reasons with me.

"Why I know nothing about anyone, Shizu-chan!" I lie, and I know he knows it's a lie. "Anyway, this is the final question. How do yo feel about me?" I prepare for his answer and watch his eye.

"Of course I hate you. You're an arrogant flea that ruins people's lives."

I was expecting this, but I can't help but feel overcome with grief.

XxXxXxXxXxXx

In case anyone is wondering, the fact that his eye twitches when he lies is completely made up and cannot be proven what so ever. However, his birthday, the reason he wears a bartender's get-up, and his relationship with Izaya's sisters is true and can be proven.

Bye, bye!

29-7-16