Chapter 6: Handcuffed

"Shinra," Shizuo growls, "explain. Now!"

"Okay, okay," he defends, putting his hands out in front of him. "You two always fight, so, as a coping method, I decided it would be best if you do everything together and get to know each other better."

"How do you expect me to work lugging around this thing?"

"I'm not a thing, Shizu-chan," I pout. Then give him a fake smile, "I'm a god~"

He glares at me, but doesn't say anything because Shinra speaks before he has the chance. "Don't worry. I already made a call to your work and told them you'd be off for a week."

"A week!?"He gapes at Shinra then grows angry again. "I have to be chained to this thing for a week!? And why would they even give me a week off on such short notice?"

"It's a lot of money to pay for all the stuff you break, Shizu-chan~" I but in.

"No one asked for your input, flea," he growls, proving my point of him being a beast.

"Actually," Shinra eases back into the conversation, "he's right."

"Ugh!" He frowns. "Wait. Does that mean he has to be with me even when I'm taking a shit or shower?"

Shinra laughs. "No. Of course not. I wouldn't be that cruel. Celty is taking a key to Yagiri-san right now as we speak. She is allowed to unchain you when you do things like that."

I look at Shizuo, warily. Then at Shinra. There has to be some kind of catch. If not one of us could just say we needed to go to the bathroom and sneak off.

"That look is precisely right, Izaya!" Shinra beams. "You see those bracelets on your wrists. They will shock you if you go ten meters apart or if you are not chained for more than 30 minutes every 6 hours." Both Shizu-chan and I glare at the doctor. "Haha! I invented them myself. Pretty neat, huh?"

"This isn't funny, Shinra!" I complain. "I hate this stupid monster and he hates me just as much. It's the one thing we can agree on, so let us have it."

"Nope! You'll hopefully find you have more in common than just that. Hopefully not even that."

"I hate you for this and earlier," I say, sulking. I cross my arms and huff.

"Stop that, you flea!" Shizu-chan yells and jerks his hand away. I look at him and then make a realization: his hand goes where ever my hand goes. Maybe this will be pretty fun after all.

"Anyway," Shinra says, bringing us back to attention, "you two best be on your merry little way. Have fun at Izaya's house, Shizuo!"

"I don't want him at my  house," I complain, annoyed. "He'll destroy the place." To be honest, I just don't want him to see all of my possessions. Plus, he'll probably break my expensive equipment.

"Too bad," Shinra gets up and begins ushering us out of the house.

Once we step out of his flat, the door closes behind us and locks. Shizu-chan and I share a look and scoff. This is going to be a long week.

XxXxXxXxXxXxXx

So, there you guys go. Although I'm trying to post daily or every other day, I'm going to be gone for the next three days and may not be able to get on. I'll try my best to at least work on something while I'm gone, but until then, I hope you guys have fun!

Bye, bye!

19-7-16