Mahiru X Kuro

So I was stuck at a family gathering and got a MASSIVE headache and my mom let me sit in the car so I typed this. The Benefits of feeling like shit! I hope that the few fellow servamp fans that I know about out there and he rest of you will like it!! Also loosely based off of a roleplay that I started with sailorcosmos1216

~★~

"Kuro, get up, I have to get to school in an hour!" Mahiru stuck his head into the room where Kuro was sleeping in, and walked over to the bed where Kuro laid.

The cat-vampire groaned and rolled over, pulling the blankets over his head. "Ugh, what a pain... I don't wanna get up..."

"Get up!" Mahiru yanked the blankets off of the servamp, and dropped them into a simple pile next to the bed.

When Kuro only curled up into a tighter ball and presumably fell back asleep, Mahiru decided to use his last resort for getting the vampire out of bed in the mornings. "If you get up now, you can have some of the leftover pancakes from yesterday morning..."

At the mention of pancakes, Kuro almost immediately shot up out of bed and rushed down the stairs to the kitchen, taking his seat at the table.

Mahiru followed, and got the food out of the fridge, preparing it and putting a plate of it at each his and Kuro's spots. "Don't use all the syrup this time, got it?" He said, placing the bottle full of the sweet liquid next to Kuro's plate.

"Yeah, yeah, sure..." Kuro muttered, pouring on tons of the syrup onto his food, and dug into the sweet breakfast, eating slowly to savor the taste. "Mm... You really are a good cook, Mahi-sama..." He said, his tone light and teasing.

"Kuro, I swear..." Mahiru muttered, sitting down and putting a bit of syrup on his food and ate quickly. He lightly smacked the bluette' hand when he reached for more syrup, saying, "you already have enough, you don't need anymore."

"Fine... Mahi-chan..." He mumbled the last part, knowing that his Eve would get mad, and smirked when Mahiru shouted, "Kuro, don't call me '-chan'!"

"Why yes, Mahiru-sama..." Kuro snickered, sanding up and changing into his cat forme after putting his dishes into the sink.

"Dang it Kuro, that's not fair, go back to your human forme!"

"Oh, come on, why? Admit it, you know you love me as an adorable, cute, kitty~" Kuro teased.

"Kuro, I swear..."

Kuro, still in his cat forme, jumped up into Mahiru's lap, nuzzling his head against the brunete's hand, wanting to be pet.

"This is why it's unfair..." Mahiru ran his hands through Kuro's soft fur, scratching behind the cat's wars when he demanded it.

"Uh... Mahiru...?"

"What?"

"Look at the clock..."

"...... Kuro. Get in my bag. Now."

(Time skip to after school)
~★~

"Kuro, it was your fault that I was almost late to school! You distracted me!" Mahiru yelled at the lazy vampire that afternoon, still quite annoyed.

"Ugh, what a pain... You were the one who actually petted me..."

"well you're the one who's an adorable freaking cat!"

"So you think I'm adorable." Kuro said it as more of a statement than a question.

Mahiru's face burned red with embarrassment. "W-well when you're a cat because cats are adorable!"

"Sure, sure." Kuro got his ramen out of the microwave and said, "I'm going to go watch TV, if you need me."

"Y-you do that..." Mahiru muttered, his face still red.

(Later)
~★~

Mahiru put away his last study materials, an stood up, for once in a long time having nothing to do. He walked into the TV room, where Kuro still sat watching one of his shows. Mahiru sat down next to him, earning himself a confused look from Kuro.

"Mahiru...? Shouldn't you be doing some kind of homework of cleaning...?"

"If you didn't notice, it's almost 10 pm, and I'd usually be in bed right now." Mahiru retorted.

"Then why aren't you?" Kuro asked, turning his attention back to the show.

"No classes tomorrow, it's Friday." (Do they have classes on Saturday in Japan? Eh I don't feel like looking it up) Mahiru answered.

"But don't you hate socializing with me?" Kuro turned away from the TV show to look at Mahiru.

"I don't HATE it, you're just difficult sometimes."

Thier eyes met, ruby colored orbs meeting chocolate colored orbs. (WHAT IS IT WITH FANFICTIONS AND PUTTING ORBS INSTEAD OF EYES?! Meh whatever lol) neither of them spoke for a while, and Kuro was the first one to break the silence. "Mahiru...? Can I tell you something...?" The usually so laid back boy asked, staring at his hands, which were folded together in his lap. His shoulders were slightly tensed as if he was bracing himself for something.

"Sure, what is it?" Mahiru smiled warmly, nodding.

"I... Mahiru, I want you to know something. No matter how I act around you, I... I really do care about you. If something ever happened to you, I... " Kuro's hands clenched into fists and he trailed off. His eyes squeezed tightly as he thought about how much he's hate himself if he let something happen to the brunette.

Mahiru's eyes widened in shock, and he sat frozen for a while, before he reached over and wrapped his arms around Kuro's neck, pressing his face against the vampire's neck. "I do, too... Promise me that you'll always be careful when we're fighting Tsubaki...? I... I don't want anything to happen to you, either..." He mumbled, embarrassed.

"I will if you will." Kuro wrapped his own arms around Mahiru's body, holding him close, almost protectively. "Mahiru...?" Me murmured quietly.

"Yes...?"

"I... I think I... I think I'm in love with you...!" Kuro said, his voice quiet but confident.

Mahiru looked up at Kuro, his face a dark red. "M-me too... I love you, too..."

Kuro smiled and gently took Mahiru's chin between his thumb and pointer fingers, gently tipping his head up to ever so softly brush their lips together for a brief second.

Mahiru pulled away, smiling, and rested his head on Kuro's (sadly, still clothed) (oh my gosh I need to stop this XD) chest.

Kuro shifted so Mahiru was mostly laying on top of him so he could hold the brunette closer, and murmured, "It's late, you should get some rest..." The servamp rested his chin on top of his Eve's head and closed his eyes, listening to the boy's calm and steady breathing as he fell asleep as well.

~★~

First servamp fanfiction! Yay! Sorry if Kuro was OOC, I felt like crap and was tired while I was serotonin(wtf auto correct I said writing not whatever that is) this but I wanted to get this done. Also sorry about the slow build and rushed ending XD Hope you enjoyed! Btw it was about 1087 words not counting the authors notes. I'm proud of how long it was.