Chapter 5

Devin

I was going to see her again.

When Travis told me of where she’s been I was shocked, then angry! Didn’t she know how dangerous it was to live among them. There was always a risk of being unable to control our emotions and change in front of one of them. That’s why we remain in our own territory,

It hurt to know that she hated me so much she chose to risk her life so I wouldn’t find her.

It took a few more days but the trackers finally found something concrete. They tracked her scent to a construction company, then after doing some digging they found that she works there as a secretary and lives in a residential area not far from there.

Looking over the information they gathered, I saw that the name of her boss matched the name of the male she was living with. 

Tristan Redwood

That sounded familiar. The information said he was human but the last name was that of a wolf family, one from Samantha’s old pack.

Then I remembered, Gabe Redwood. Their previous beta. He and his wife raised the human child that was found on their territory. So that’s how Samantha was able to stay there undiscovered. She had a human protector.

I scanned the rest of the information, age, height, weight. She seemed to have gained a few pounds but with her tiny figure those pounds would have enhanced her features. I continued on to hair and eye color, nothing different until I hit the last line, marital status.

It should have said single, but it didn’t.

Her husbands name was found on the next line.

Tristan Redwood.

My mate was married to a human.

If I thought my heart couldn’t hurt anymore I was wrong. I felt betrayed. How could she do this knowing I was her mate? Knowing she was supposed to be with me. Then the next thought that hit me filled me with an anger so strong and a pain so deep, it kept me from taking a breath. Was she sleeping with him?

That thought was unbearable. Was this how Samantha felt. Did she feel this every time she knew I was sleeping with other women. I could barely handle knowing this, to think she had to feel this hundreds of times. It wasn’t until this moment that I really understood what I had put her through and I hated myself for it.

Then the anger took over the pain.

Yes, I cheated, but it was only sex. She has a relationship with this man, hell, she married him. The human part of myself knew she had every right to being that she broke our bond, but my wolf was pissed. To him she was still ours.

After battling with myself I knew what I had to do. I needed to bring her home, husband or not she belonged to me. And maybe there was a good reason for their marriage. Maybe it was just a hoax to keep away unwanted attention.