Chapter 9

Samantha

Once Tristan and I decided that we would be going back to my pack together, things moved rather quickly. Tristan made arrangements for his foreman to step up and I let Devin know my requirements for coming back. He promised Tristan and I our own house on pack property, close to the pack house so he wouldn’t be too far away from Ariana. It was going to be an awkward situation, working side by side with my mate while being married to my love, but it was time to think about what’s best for the pack.

I would only have to fill the role until Devin found a new mate or my daughter was old enough to take over. I was hoping the former occurred first. 

We loaded up Tristan’s truck with our things, leaving the furniture behind for the new owners since Devin promised the house he had for us would be fully furnished. I buckled Ariana into her car seat and we were ready to make our way back to the place I ran from so many months ago.

We were going to make a stop on the way, and I think I was more nervous about that than actually getting to Devin.

As we pulled up to the home that held all my childhood memories, butterflies invaded my stomach. I normally wouldn’t have felt this nervous, but I knew the men inside this house would not like what I was about to do, especially since they were the ones who helped me get away. Before I could open the car door, it was yanked open and I was pulled into a bone crushing hug from my twin brother, Samuel.

“Hi baby sis!” he laughed.

“Hi Sam, I missed you!” I smiled with tears in my eyes. This was the longest I’ve ever been away from my twin. Even while I was with Devin, we would still make monthly visits to see them. After leaving Devin, I had to keep my distance to assure I wouldn’t be found.

“So, where’s that little niece of mine? I can’t believe you’re a mom.” he said in wonder while Tristan got Ariana out of the back. “Hey Tristan.” he added.

“Hey Sam, here’s the little princess. Say hi to your uncle Ariana.”

More tears clouded my vision as I saw the look of awe on Samuel’s face. In an instant I saw my little girl wrap this big strong male around her finger with just one smile. More footsteps sounded as Shawn and Stephen joined us. “Don’t hog her, hand her over.” Shawn grumbled.

“Me first, I’m the alpha after all. What would she want with you low lifes?” Stephen teased as he expertly took Ariana in his arms. He had a soft spot for all the newborn babies of his pack, so he was no stranger to holding the little ones.  Two more suckers took the bait as she shared her smile with them. Shawn came over to give me a hug since he wasn’t quick enough to grab Ariana, and then did that man shake thing with Tristan.

“Stop forcing my granddaughter to stare at your ugly mugs and bring her here to her handsome granddad.” A new voice beckoned.

I turned to see my father standing in the doorway, looking much younger than his 44 years. He had the same black hair and brown eyes as my brothers, only his had some signs of graying on the sides. I had to smile at his comment, because my brothers looked so much like him, he would have to consider himself to have an equally ugly mug. That was far from the truth. All the men in my life were gorgeous, model material really. I took after my mother in the looks department, which is probably why my dad had such a soft spot for me. Thinking of her brought a wave of sadness over me. She would have loved Ariana. It’s been 4 years now, she died just before I found Devin. Hunters took her from us, and it was hard on my dad after she died. It was hard on all of us, but we pulled together as a family and made it through.