Chapter 13

Because she's new to wattpad, and requested a dedication, so this one's for you honey, and welcome to wattpad!

Tristan

After settling on a good location just on the outskirts of the town below the pack house, I called in some of my workers, and had a trailer delivered so I could start to set up my office. I called Evelyn, giving her directions to where she would need to meet me, and set up an interview for 2 in the afternoon.

Samantha wanted to help me get everything in order, but I knew she needed to jump into her pack duties, which today would require her and Devin to welcome some new pack members, check on some elderly members, and discuss some new business opportunities that have recently come their way. I couldn’t know all the details, but Sam was able to at least give me a tentative itinerary. It was hard to know that they were working so closely together, alone, since my daughter would be spending the day with her aunt Jenny, but I trusted Sam and I knew she was only concerned with the pack, nothing else.

Promptly at 2 on the dot, Evelyn arrived. Punctuality is always a plus when hiring a new employee, so she was already earning some big points with me. As she walked into my office, I noticed that she was dressed very professionally in a nice business suit. The skirt may have been a little short, and there may have been one too many unbuttoned buttons, but over all there wasn’t anything scandalous about it, which was another plus. At least she knew how to dress appropriately for the job.

“Hello again, Mr. Redwood.” she said in her sultry voice.

A weaker man may have melted and the seduction in her every word, but I was anything but weak.

“Hello Evelyn, please feel free to call me Tristan. Although I take my business seriously, I believe in a friendly atmosphere, so formalities won’t be necessary.”

She smiled, and took the seat I offered.

“Thank you, it’s nice to hear, my last boss was a bit of a nit pick. He wanted everything in it’s place and done by the book.”

“Don’t get me wrong, I basically require that as well, I’m just not as stuffy about it.”

She smiled wider, and I had to admit that she was a beautiful woman. 

“I brought a copy of my resume for you to see, as well as a recommendation from one of my previous employers.”

I liked that she took the initiative to have all of this ready, and wasn’t just expecting the job to be handed to her because she was referred to me by Devin. As I studied her paperwork, I couldn’t help but notice how she kept playing with the necklace that dangled low on her neck, or the way she gently shook her right leg that was crossed over her left, causing her skirt to ride up dangerously high. It almost seemed as if she was deliberately trying to distract me.

I won’t lie that I wasn’t tempted to look, I was a man, after all, but my love for Samantha always won out over any temptation put in my way and this one was no different. Ignoring her coy antics, I continued to review her resume and saw that she was more than qualified for the position. I just needed to ask her one more question.