Chapter 12

For making me a new cover:)

Samantha

As I headed towards my best friend, I felt the nerves all over again. I knew she wasn’t mad at me, but it still felt like I did something wrong. Finally standing in front of her, with my daughter in my arms, I released the breath I was holding and was about to apologize when she said, “I missed you Sammy and I’m so happy you came back.” Then Ariana and I were engulfed in a hug so tight I nearly lost my breath and it caused Ariana to fuss.

“Sorry, baby, I just missed your mama too damn much. Come to aunty Jenny so I can get a good long look at you.” Jenny said reaching out for Ariana.

As she cradled my baby in her arms, tears started to fall down her cheeks, “She’s beautiful, Sam, so beautiful. You did good mommy.”

“Thanks, but Tristan had a lot to do with it too.”

“Yeah, about that, I’m truly happy you have him. After the pain of Devin, I didn’t think you would ever be whole again, but looking at you now I can see I was wrong. You look great and you radiate happiness. I’ve never seen someone go through what you have and come out better than when you went through it. You’re amazing!” She gushed.

“I’m really not, I was just lucky enough to have found love after all the heart break. I know it will never be the exact same as a mates bond, but it almost seems better some how. Like I know our love is true because we weren’t destined to love each other, it just happened, you know what I mean?”

“Crazy as it seems, I do. Good for you, I’m just surprised Devin is okay with it all.”

“Me too, he’s really grown up a lot. Too bad he couldn’t have done that three years ago.”

“I agree, but he’s changed since you left, acted more like an alpha should. He’s cut off other women completely. Travis is still in shock by it.”

“After the things he’s seen, I bet he is.”

Speaking of Devin, I needed to find him so we could make our way around the pack and pose a united front. Where was he?

“Could you hold onto Ariana for a moment, I need to find Devin?”

“Of course I can, ask Travis, I’m sure he’ll know where Devin went.”

“Alright, thanks.”

I spotted Travis talking with one of the older pack members and they seemed to be having an important conversation. Not wanting to interrupt, I decided to look for Devin myself.

He wasn’t in the pack house so I headed out to the front. There was a little clearing that he sometimes used to think peacefully, so I figured he might be there. As I made my way there, between the trees, I was paying too close attention to where I was stepping that I didn’t see the hard body I slammed into. By the tingles racing under my skin, I knew I found Devin.