Chapter 5: Relationship and Threat

Xavier arrived at the gas station, or waits these men, some are injured and one of them at the jacket completely burned. Xavier approach to these men, and they, fear the reaction of their leader. But he speaks with a calm voice.

(Xavier): "Well, or are they?"

(Men): "Uh ..... We have failed!"

Xavier retains its calm and slowly approaches of the man. Then, within seconds, he takes his gun and kills the man, with a shot in the head. The others trembles with fear and are petrified remains on site. Xavier turns to them with a cruel look.

(Xavier): "Now...CONTINUE TO TRACK THEM OR I WILL KILL YOU, YOU UNDERSTAND, FOOLS?"

The men returned to their car, in fear and are go on the road, while Xavier stays with his bodyguards. He approached one of them and gives it a special gun with a dart filled with a strange black liquid.

(Xavier): "You know what you should do with it. If you are successful in your mission, Mathias will do the job for us."

Meanwhile, it's getting dark and KISS decides to stop for the night. They prefer to avoid hotels because it is a place that can serve as a trap for men of Xavier.

They will therefore, to sleep in the truck, there is everything they need in the back of the truck. To warm up, they make a fire out and gather all around.

Paul picked up his guitar and started playing a quiet melody. Eric begins to sing softly and the others listen, losts in their thought.

Emily, Mathias and Brayden are fascinated by this song they listen carefully. Despite the danger, they do not regret at all to be gone on an adventure with a group they like. Instead, they want to help KISS to get rid of Xavier and his minions, once and for all.

Shortly after, the others are returned to the truck and fell asleep. Mathias decides to go for a walk in the forest, because he does can not sleep. The others advised him not to go away and be careful because we do not know what's lurking in the forest: Of men of Xavier, or worse.

Gene is sitting on a rock and looking at the starry sky, still lost in his thoughts. Emily did not get to sleep and also joins him. She just sits beside him. But she at a bit cold and the fire is extinguished. Gene motioned him to approach him, to warm up a little.

(Emily):"What is what you think when you look at the sky? "

(Gene):"At everything and at anything, the sky and space have always fascinated me I 'm always asked: We're alone in the universe or there an others forms of life? "

(Emily): "I am sure, your talismans come from space. So they have been create, it's an evidence."

Gene sees that Emily at absolutely right. So there would be a form of intelligent life, that would create these talismans. But why and for what purpose? It remains a total mystery, even for KISS.

(Gene): "I'll tell you something, Emily: When I saw you, I've immediately felt something for you, something that comes from the heart."

Emily did not know what to say and blushed. Then Gene approaches his head and kissed her, softly. Emily does not move and lets herself be kissed. Then Gene seems to bother.

(Gene): "I ... I'm sorry."

(Emily): "Do not be."

They look in the eyes, without saying anything, but silence is sometimes more effective than words. Then they kiss again, but this time it's Emily who decides.

Meanwhile, Mathias continued to walk in the forest. But suddenly, he hears a noise in a bush. It does not even have time to react that a man emerges from the bush and shoots him a dart in the neck. Then the man ran off into the forest. Mathias can not follow him. He pulls the dart from his neck and began to feel strange. He sees everything blurred around him and began to have pain in the head.

Suddenly, he fell to his knees and screams out in pain, in holding his head. His scream is like that of a monster. The scream echoes throughout the forest. Emily and Gene have heard. The others as well.

(Brayden): "What was that noise?"

(Tommy): "It came from the forest.”

(Emily): " Oh no, Mathias is went into the forest, just now, and it has not returned."

(Gene): "Come on, quick!"

They rush into the forest. After a few minutes of searching, they find Mathias, sitting among the trees and that looks at the ground, with his black hood, raised on his head. Emily slowly approaches him.

(Emily): "Mathias, are you okay? It's you that has screaming? "

Then Mathias turned to the group, but it has changed: his face is marked with strange scars and these eyes have become cruel, full of rage. The group does not understand what is happening.

(Brayden): "Mathias, it's us, you recognize us?"

But Mathias said nothing, it looks like he is possessed. Then, all of a sudden, of metal claws emerge from his hands, as by magic. Emily back to Gene, horrified.

(Paul): "Oh my god. "

(Gene):" He is not in its normal state."

Mathias jumped to the group, with incredible agility and tries to pierce them, with his claws. Paul tries to knock him out with a laser, but Mathias deflects the shot with her claws.

(Eric): "Incredible. His claws are powerful enough to deflect lasers."

Eric dodges Mathias with his leaps of felines. Then the young man turned to Gene and Emily. It is even more furious than before.

(Gene): "Mathias, i want not hurt you, become again as you are."

But he does not listen and leapt towards them, growling with rage. But Gene had planned it.

(Gene): "Mathias Sorry, but i have to."

All of a sudden, he knocks Mathias with a punch in the face. The young man falls to the ground and not moving. The claws are back in his hands.

The group approached him, but with caution. Then, with his excellent night vision, Eric sees the mark on her neck. Then, on the ground, he found the syringe.

(Eric): "Look what I found on the ground."

(Paul): "This is surely another blow of Xavier. Poisoned him to force it to attack us, and so, do the dirty work for him"

(Emily): ".... But is he going to stay like this?"

(Gene): "I do not know. In the meantime, we'll bring it back to camp with the shot that I put to him, he will not wake up until the morning. Let's go.

Gene and Tommy take Mathias and are returned to the camp with the others. The man was hiding in the bushes and at seen that, then he goes into the forest.

TO BE CONTINUED…..