Raving and Saving

Chapter Thirteen - Brick By Boring Brick by Paramore

"It's all about the exposure, the lens I told her."

   Katherine was currently at the pet clinic with Scott, waiting for Derek to show. Watching Scott open the door, Derek and Isaac entered. "What's he doing here?" Scott asked as they walked in.

   "I need him." Derek answered, not looking at Scott.

   "I don't trust him." Scott said.

   "Yeah, well, he doesn't trust you either." Isaac responded.

   Katherine sighed, folding her arms, leaning against the door way in front of the three. "You know what? And Derek really doesn't care." Derek informed, making Katherine snicker.

   "And Katherine is getting annoyed by the constant arguing you guys can't stop." She added, the three looking at her. "You know this is a fun game we just started, more fun than arguing, you know?"

   "Now where's the vet? Is he going to help us or not?" Derek asked.  

   "That depends." Deaton interrupted, appearing into view. "Your friend, Jackson.
Are we planning to kill him or save him?" he asked.

   "Kill him." Derek said, but at the same Scott said, "Save him."

   "Save him." Katherine confirmed, after looking at the two.

   Derek looked at her skeptical, "Save him." she confirmed again. "Case closed, Derek."

   The four entered the room, exiting the waiting room. Standing in front of the medical table, Deaton returned with a box of what looks like powder inside each vial.

   Isaac looked down at the vials, reaching out to touch them, until Derek grabbed his arm. "Watch what you touch." he said.

   "So what are you?" Isaac asked, looking at what was laying out in front of him. "Some kind of witch?" 

   "No, I'm a veterinarian." Deaton answered, examining the vials. "Unfortunately, I don't see anything here that's going to be an effective defense against a paralytic toxin."

   "We're open to suggestions." Derek said.

   "What about an effective offense?" Isaac suggested. 

   "No, we already tried." Derek stated, "I nearly took its head off. And Argent emptied an entire clip into it. The thing just gets back up."

   "Has it shown any weaknesses?" Deaton asked.

   "Well, one it can't swim." Derek answered. 

   "Does that go for Jackson as well?"

   Scott then spoke, "No. He's the captain of the swim team."

   Deaton looked back at Derek, "Essentially, you're trying to catch two people." Just then, he turned back and had rummaged through one of the drawers. "A puppet." he said, then held up some kind of display of demonstration to get the idea into all of their heads. "And a puppeteer." Deaton placed down the display. " One killed the husband, but the other had to take care of the wife. Do we know why?" 

   "I don't think Jackson could do it." Katherine spoke, remembering that she only saw a glimpse of his memories one day. " His mother died pregnant too, and she was maybe murdered. I think he couldn't let the same thing happen to someone else."

   "How do you know it's not part of the rules?" Isaac questioned. "The kanima kills murderers. If Jackson kills the wife, then the baby dies too."