I Like This Type Of Isaac

Chapter Fourteen - Misguided Ghosts by Paramore

"And we just go in circles."

   "I'm saying we need a new plan, because next time, one of us is gonna be too hurt to heal." Derek explained, Katherine and Scott following him.  The three had just gotten out of the animal clinic. 

   "Ugh, I get it." Scott said, "We can't save Jackson." he admitted.

   "We can't seem to kill him, either. I've seen a lot of things, Scott. I've never seen anything like, this." Derek admitted. "Every new moon's just gonna make him stronger." he explained, looking at the two. 

   "But how do we stop him?" Katherine asked, thinking of some way for it to happen.

   Derek shrugged his shoulders, "I don't know." he answered, "I don't even know if we can."

   "Yeah, maybe we should just let the Argents handle it." Scott suggested.

   "I'm the one who turned him." Derek told the two, "It's my fault."

    Katherine then spoke, "Yeah, but you didn't turn him into this."

   "This happened because of something in his past, right?" Scott assumed.

   "That's a legend in a book. It's not that simple." Derek informed, looking up from the ground, obviously frustrated.

   "What do you mean? What are you not telling me?" Scott asked.

   "Why do you think I'm always keeping something from you?" Derek asked, not answering his question.

   Katherine chuckled to herself from what she was about to answer, "Because you always are keeping something from him."

   "Well, maybe I do it to protect you."

   Katherine knew another argument had just started, "Doesn't being part of your pack mean no more secrets?" 

   "Go home, you two." Derek told the two, sighing, "Sleep. Heal. Make sure your friends are safe. 'Cause the full moon's coming. And with the way things are going, I've got a feeling it's gonna be a rough one."

***

   "What is that?" 

   "It's a triskele." Katherine answered, walking down from the stairs, the four looking up t her.

   "What is she doing here?" Erica asked, looking at Derek.

   Katherine reached the bottom of the stairs, crossing her arms over her chest. "Well, it's the full moon tonight. I can throw your werewolf asses anywhere I would like to, so it's very simple." she explained, then continued. "I'm obviously being the kind yet very stupid person I am and helping you." she said, smiling at the end innocently. 

    "Oh, great." Katherine heard Isaac said. 

    Katherine turned towards Isaac, pointing her hand towards his hand, and flicking upwards at his face. Making him hit himself in the face, not very hard though. Isaac looked over at a smirking Katherine, mouth open. 

   "Spirals mean different things; Past, present, and future. Mother, father, child." Katherine continued from what she answered earlier. 

   Derek looked over at her, "You know what it means?" 

   "Alpha, beta, omega?" Boyd guessed.

   "That's right." Derek said, "It's a spiral. Reminds us that we can all rise to one or fall to another. Betas can become alphas, but alphas can also fall to betas or even omegas."